Chapter 22: Dinner Party

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"A dinner party?" Allison asked through the phone, obviously not thrilled about the idea. "Hell no. If you're going to kill Elijah, then go ahead, but I want no part in this."

"Why? I thought you wanted him dead as much as I did." Damon argues, but Allison just shot back. "Yeah, but that we before he mentioned that he knew how to reverse out link. Damon, at least let me talk to him and maybe he'll tell me how to."

"You really wanna rid yourself of me that much?" He asks, and Allison bit her lip, sighing. "That's not what I meant. I wanna be able to help and protect everything. But I can't do that if you're always out there doing risky things, and getting us almost killed."

"Then come to the party. Talk to him, then help us kill him." Damon says back, causing Allison to groan. "Fine. But if anything goes wrong, I'm blaming you."

✘ ✘ ✘

"This is a bad idea." Allison heard Alaric say as she walked into the house, causing her to nod in agreement as she walked over to where him and Damon were. Damon just gave him a look, "There's no such thing as a bad idea. Just poorly executed awesome ones."

"No." Allison stood next to them. "This is a bad idea."

"I don't like the idea of Elijah being in the same house with Jenna." Alaric states, and Allison nodded once again in agreement, but Damon just shrugs it off. "Jenna is perfectly safe. Besides, it's just a fact-finding mission. It's totally harmless."

"Just a fact-finding mission?" Alaric gives him a pointed look, that Damon bushes off again. "Yeah."

"No sneak attacks. No surprise plans. Nothing that's gonna put Jenna in harm's way, okay?" Ric states, and Damon puts up a hand. "Scout's honor."

"Hey." Andy walks in, looking at the two guys. "Jenna needs help with the wine." Damon and Allison look at Ric, who nods and goes to help, with Andy following him back into the kitchen. And that allowed Allison to look at Damon, a confused look covering her features. "I thought you said that we were going to kill him."

"We are." Damon nods, emphasizing the we, as in just him and Allison. He sets down his wine before moving over to a chest, before opening it up and pulling out the dagger which was wrapped in a cloth. Allison rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "So, you lied to him."

"I prefer it as more of... keeping information from him." Damon shrugs, but Allison just rolled her eyes again. "You lied to him."

But when Andy came back in the room and walked over to Damon, Allison left, not really wanting to witness their make-out session. Which also caused her to be the closest one to the door when the door bell rang. The young brunette walked over and opened the door, but groaned upon seeing that it was Uncle John. "Why're you here?"