Chapter 4: The Wolf Is Out Of The Bag

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"So, what are we supposed to do?" Allison whispered, leaning towards Tyler as the two hid behind the wall. Tyler had called her about an hour ago, saying to get ready to go for a run and meet him at his house. And she did that, and the two were ready for a run, but instead they were hiding behind a wall.

Tyler glances around the corner, before looking at her. "We're going to follow my uncle. He's hiding something, and I wanna know what."

Allison nodded and the two looked around the wall, watching as Mason put in his headphones before heading outside. The young brunette held in a groan since Elena had called her earlier but she decided to put some distance between her and the vampires and hangout with Tyler, but she didn't realize that she was just being pulled into another problem. Well, another secret.

But thankfully Tyler hadn't questioned or actually realized the girl's wrapped hand and wrist since he was too focused on whatever Mason was hiding. Meaning she was just thankful that she wouldn't have to make up some excuse, and it also meant that he didn't realize that mark on her arm which she had stopped bandaging and just decided to tell people it was a tattoo, since that's what it looked like if it wasn't irritated.

The two teens ran through the trees following Mason, but then Allison grabbed Tyler's arm when something began stirring in her stomach. Tyler turned towards her confused, but then they both glanced over to where Mason had gone, which was some old underground thing. Tyler and Allison both moved to hide behind a couple of trees right before Mason came back out, glanced around, before almost acting like nothing happened as he took off running again.

The feeling in Allison's stomach hadn't subsided as she nervously chewed the inside of her cheek, holding back from voicing her thoughts to the boy who just wanted to get to the bottom of his uncle's secret. So, instead of telling him this was a bad idea, Allison decided to go first. She glanced at him before looking down and heading down the old stone stairs. When they walked into the old stone area that was dark, Allison shivered at the chilliness of the air down there.

Tyler opens the creaky door that led the two into a caged looking area, making Allison's frown deepen. Especially after she took a step forward and froze, a different shiver going down her spine. "Ty... I think we should leave."

"Are you crazy?" Tyler dismissed, earning a look from Allison, as well as an eyeroll when he added. "I have to figure out what Mason is hiding."

Tyler then walked around the girl, who sighed and followed him over to where he opened the cage door. The area was dark but the kids still tried to look at everything around them. But that obviously didn't include noticing the chains on the wall, which had caused both of them to jump when Tyler had accidentally walked into them.

But then Allison furrowed her eyebrows as she goes over to them, taking more interest then Tyler had, since he moved to the opposite wall. Allison examined the chains before grabbing them both and yanking, using her banshee strength. "These are meant to hold something strong."