Chapter 36: Uncle John's Secrets

Start from the beginning

"Stefan... he's been different. I'm starting to worry." She said, and Allison furrowed her eyebrows. "Different?"

"He's drunk, and he just compelled someone to apologize for bumping into me." She explained, causing the younger girl to scoff. "Okay, this is one of those moments in life where you should be thankful for your vampire boyfriend."

"Alli.." Elena gave her a look. "He looked and sounded like he was about to fight the man."

Getting how serious this was, Allison nodded as she glanced around. "Okay, yeah, that's not the Stefan I can tolerate. I'll talk to him, you just... stop worrying. It causes wrinkles." Elena cracked a small smile at her younger sister's attempt to lighten the mood.

Allison then began walking around the party looking for Stefan, or Tyler, but when she saw her Uncle John, the girl quickly ducked. She had been avoiding him ever since Elena said that he stopped by the house. The hazel eyed teen hid behind a wall before glancing around it to see him walking out onto the balcony, talking to Damon.

The young brunette watched them talk while shivers ran down her spine, but then Damon walked past John and Allison was about to go act like the innocent niece to ask John what they were talking about. But when she was halfway to them, Damon had suddenly pulled her back before snapping John's neck and throwing him over the balcony.

Damon then quickly moved, covering Allison's mouth before she could scream. "Not right here, banshee."

Allison yanked away from his grip. "What the hell?!"

"He knows." Is what Damon answered with, causing her to shake her head, still pissed. "Knows what?"

"Knows that Stefan and I are vampires. He knows that I opened the tomb. And he is on the council." Damon stated, causing Allison to take a moment to process all the information. Damon looked her over before shaking his head and heading inside. 

Allison finally let out a groan, heading back inside and grabbing a glass of champagne or whatever as she then walked downstairs and outside, but then she dropped the glass in shock, as well as seeing Elena and Matt coming outside as well. Them all shocked at what they saw.

"Oh my god." Elena mumbled, as Allison shook her head. "Tyler?"

The two separate from each other, giving Matt enough room to step between them, glaring at Tyler. "What the hell you doing, man?"

"Matt-" Kelly tries but Matt just turns on her. "Mom!" Tyler puts his hands up like nothing happened. "Dude, calm down."

Matt snapped. He swung at Tyler, causing Elena to yell his name, and the two start fighting. Kelly grabs Matt's shoulder in an attempt to stop it but that was also the moment Tyler punched him. The impact made Matt go backwards causing Kelly to fall into a table, glass shattering everywhere.

"Oh my god." Allison ran over to her as the boys continue fighting. Tyler shoves Matt to the ground and starts punching him as Allison helped a crying Kelly up, before she then turned her attention back on the boys.

Tyler starts choking Matt out, but Allison quickly grabbed his elbow, yanking him away from Matt before she shoved him into the wall. Tyler tries pushing her away but Allison managed to keep him restrained, "Tyler! Stop!" He finally looks at her, and she met his eyes with her worried ones. "What the hell was that?" He grabs her elbow as if to steady himself as what he did finally registers.

Elena goes to Matt as Allison made Tyler look at her by putting both hands on the sides of his face. "Tyler... look at me." He finally looks her in the eyes, and she couldn't help but notice how confused and lost he seemed. "Tyler-"

"I'll take it from here." Mayor Lockwood stepped in, pulling Allison away from Tyler. He then looks at his son, obviously doing this for the crowd. "You hurt? Go get cleaned up." Tyler walks away as the Mayor looks around at everybody. "Everything's fine. Come on, back to the party! Come on, let's have a good time."

Allison glanced over at Elena and Matt, Elena looks up and meets her sister's gaze before nodding. With that, Allison then ran back into the party to check on Tyler, but then she walked into someone. The girl quickly looked up to apologize, but the words stuck in her throat when she saw her Uncle standing there. "Allison, hey. I haven't seen you since I got back."

"Jo- John.." Allison forced a smile as he pulls his niece into a hug. "Hi. Uh, yeah, I've just been really busy recently."

"Too busy to see your uncle?" He teases as she pulls away, Allison begins walking backwards. "Yeah, um, I've gotta go."

✘ ✘ ✘

"So, John knew Isobel. He sent her to you to get changed. The rings are Gilbert's and he has my father's while Alaric has his. And he threatened that if you kill him, everything that he knows will be given to the council." Allison restated, pacing back and forth of the living room at the Salvatore's house. Damon sat down, rolling his eyes. "Thanks for that little recaps, Als."

"Don't call me that." She turned on him, though not understanding her sudden outburst.

"What?" He looked at her confused but Allison just looked away confused, why was that so familiar? Someone used to call me that... but who? Als, Als, Als... just thinking it, she felt hate fill her. Okay, what the hell?

Shaking her head, Allison looked back at him. "And I had to repeat everything you told me because I'm finding it pretty hard to... comprehend."