"He killed his own people and his family is worse than he is. Do not believe in demons! The councils will decide what penalty there is for you." Was what the soldier said before taking Iwaizumi and (f/n) away. But before they did, they witnessed Oikawa being beaten by 3 soldiers.

* * *

"Concentrate, (f/n)! You're too distracted!"

(f/n) was brought down to the ground by a strong force on her chest and huffed in surprise. She glared at the boy above her and kicked his armor. "Hajime, you idiot! I wasn't ready!"

"I told you to be ready but you're too distracted and was wide open for me to attack," His sword connected to hers and smirked, "I'm going to win, (f/n), and you know I can."

"Heh. Have you forgotten-" She swung their swords and kicked his chest before stepping onto his chest plate, refusing to let him go, "-that I win in battles?"

"Cheap skate."

"Sore loser."

She removed her foot from his chest and helped him up. "That's 10 wins in a row for me. You owe me apples," she laughed.

"I always forgot you beat me in battle training almost every time," He chuckled.

"The only time you beat me is in arm wrestling. I can never beat your arm muscles." She jokingly winked.

Iwaizumi and (f/n) both are 19 this year, training combat before their next mission – none knew what their next mission is but they are ready for anything. They finished their 8 hours of training drenched with their sweats and bathed at the river. Of course with clothes on.

"I was thinking about Tooru, Hajime."

Iwaizumi stopped scrubbing his toned body and glanced at (f/n) who had a depressed look on her face.

"If he was here now, he'd be running around the shallow parts of the river and probably chase salmons like a bear," She laughed quietly at the thought and played with her long (h/c) hair. "I miss him, Hajime. I wish we could've done something while we had the chance."

"There's nothing we could do, (f/n). You know that. We were children."

"But Tooru was innocent; all we had to was-"

"Was what, (f/n)?" He cuts. "To convince the councils about Oikawa being innocent and he was just a kid? (f/n), have you forgotten that Oikawa is the remaining heir and the only demon kid in his family and demons can kill anyone. He killed his butler, (f/n)."

"Because it was that time of the year when demons should've stayed in their castle so they don't kill anyone, Hajime! Maybe it's my fault for not convincing Tooru to come into the woods with us. He wouldn't be alone anymore."

He had an unbelievable look on his face. "(f/n), what if he kills the both of us?"

That silenced (f/n) for a while until she speaks, "He would never. He can't. We're his best friends he would never-"

"Suck our blood dry, is that what you want to say, (f/n)?"

"How can you not trust your own friend, Hajime?!" She splashed water on him in anger. "When we went to save him, he didn't even try to look at us nor eat us alive! He was crying!"

"(f/n)-"

"Iwaizumi-san, (f/n)-san," A deputy came to them. "Do you have a moment?"

"We did, an intense one. But it was soon spoiled. What is it?"

The deputy cleared his throat, "I apologize for interrupting, Captain Iwaizumi-san. But the chief of police is requesting for you and (f/n)-san. There has been a meeting and your next mission."