Chapter 23: Bonnie Knows

Start from the beginning

"Shut up, Care!" Allison snapped, at the same time Bonnie said. "No one can talk to you, you don't listen!"

But Caroline defended, "That's not true."

"I'm a witch." Bonnie stated, but instead of actually paying attention, Caroline nodded. "And don't we all know it."

"See! This is what I'm talking about! I'm trying to tell you something, you don't even hear it." Bonnie then stormed out of the room, sending Allison a glare while she did. The brunette rolled her eyes, looking over as Caroline turned towards Elena and her. "I listen. When do I not listen?"

The two sisters just rolled their eyes.

✘ ✘ ✘

Elena and Allison watched Caroline go into the living room, after having a talk with the blonde and sending her to go talk to their best friend. "Bonnie, look, it's just not me, okay? I don't believe in the woo-woo. But if you do, then okay, I'm in. That's all it takes for me to jump on board, because I consider you to be my best friend. And I'm saying this knowing that Alli and Elena are in the kitchen listening to every word." 

Allison and Elena shared a smile, still listening as Caroline then adds. "Look, I didn't know how real this was for you. But I'm listening now, okay?"

"Okay." Bonnie nods and the two make-up and hug, so then Caroline laughs. "Alli! Elena! You guys can come in, it's over."

They walked into the living room, Elena sitting next to Caroline as Allison sat on the coffee table across them. Caroline then sighs, "There is just way too much drama in this room. So, what do you guys wanna do?" A second passes of nobody saying anything, but then she shoots up. "I have an idea. Why don't we do a seance."

"I don't think that's a good idea." Bonnie shook her head, Allison completely agreeing with her. "Yeah, that's definitely not a good idea. She's already hearing the freaky voices in her head, she really didn't want to add to that.

"Come on." Caroline smiles widely. "Let's summon some spirits. This Emily chick has some serious explaining to do."

A few minutes later, they were all circled around candles on the floor of Elena's bedroom. The candles were the only light in the dark around them. They were all holding each other's hands, Allison sitting next to Bonnie and Caroline with Elena sat across her. They were glancing between each other in confusion, and Bonnie finally speaks up. 'What are we doing?"

"I don't know." Elena shook her head, but then Caroline shushes them. "Be quiet and concentrate. Close your eyes." They all listen. "Now take a deep breath. Bonnie, call to her."

"Emily, you there?" Bonnie 'calls out' with no emotion, causing Allison to stifle a laugh. They all looked at her, Caroline unimpressed. "Really? 'Emily, you there?' That's all you got. Come on."

"Fine, jeez." Bonnie says, and they all close their eyes again. "Emily, I call on you. I know you have a message. I'm here to listen." Nothing happens as they all open their eyes, but then the flames burst up from the candles, making all of them jump. "Did that just...?"

"Yeah, that just happened." Caroline answered Elena. 

A breeze goes through the room even though the window was closed, but Bonnie quickly tries to reason it. "It's just air conditioning."

But then the flames burst up again. Caroline looks over, "Ask her to show you a sign." Both Bonnie and Allison shake their heads, really hating this already, but Caroline urges. "Ask her."

Nobody does anything so Caroline takes it upon herself to ask. "Emily, if you're among us, show us another sign."

They all glanced at each other, Allison beginning to shiver even though it wasn't cold, and Bonnie looks at Caroline. "See. Nothing happened."