Karasuno Boys (1)

Start from the beginning

he blushed, "f-friend... since we were children."

you bobbed your head. "i was told you and hinata were arguing last week because you 'discouraged' him during practice. he got upset and attacked you. you must be really pissed off."

"i have an alibi." he insisted, more emotions in it this time.

"you can buy an alibi," you pushed. "yamaguchi follows you around like a lost puppy wanting to find an owner who'd keep him. you let him and he'd do anything for you. he could've covered for you and you stabbed hinata."

his eyebrows narrowed more. "why the hell should i kill that shrimp? he may have pissed me off but i have no motive to kill the shrimp. you should go check yourself out before assuming i was in the wrong. you're insane for thinking like that."

you huffed. "you are rude, as what i've been told. fine. thank you for co-operation, tsukishima. i'll let the other cops handle you now." when you were about to leave, tsukishima heaved a sigh.

"hinata... was acting weird yesterday morning," he started, getting your attention. turning back to face him, you motioned for him to continue. "i didn't pay attention but all i could catch was 'prisoner' and 'murders'. i assumed he's talking about an escaped prisoner who murders school kids 3 years ago."

your mind wanders. there was news about school kids being attacked by a serial killer whose son had mental illness and tried to kill him but the serial killer managed to kill his son first before the son could. without asking him further, you thanked tsukishima and left the classroom as your thoughts went wild about the serial killer from 3 years ago.

* * *

it took you an hour drive back to your precinct to search for the file of a serial killer who killed children who has mental illness. you compared to hinata's condition with the children he murdered and find no connection; hinata is a normal human being with no genetic sickness. that made you curious.

'why did he stabbed hinata? unless hinata was blocking his way..'

"he killed these children by drowning them and ended it with prayers... but why is hinata different?" you thought. "unless it's a different unsub."

your phone went off and answered it, "detective (surname)."

"detective, there's a new case..." you paused what you were doing, dreading to listen what happen now. "tsukishima's friend, yamaguchi tadashi, was found poisoned in the store room. he's sent to the hospital now, in critical condition."

without responding, you hang up and gripped on your phone. "fuck, who are you and why are you doing this to these kids...?"

* * *

"where is he?"

you've never walked faster before – after accepting this case, it became more chaotic than before. especially when two victims are still alive, it was clear to you that this unsub wanted to send you and the cops a message. he wanted something out of it these boys... but what?

the chief you met earlier came up to you. "the doctors are pumping out drugs from yamaguchi's system now. to us, yamaguchi-kun's case is brutal; he was punched first then the unsub forced down multiple pills into his throat and choked. a classmate found him paled and called for help. we were just leaving when she called for us..."

"he didn't swallow them, after all... smart."

"did you found out who the unsub is?"

"no, but tsukishima-kun told me about hinata talking about an escaped prisoner who killed children with mental illness. hinata got spooked and before he knew it, he's the victim..."