Chapter 10: Supernatural Charm Bracelet

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

This time, when Allison got woken up by a nightmare, it was a nightmare about Stefan and Damon, and basically it was Damon killing everyone. Including her.

The brunette quickly sat up in her bed, running a hand through her hair as she thought about what had happened at the football game, yet again. To be more specific, she couldn't get Damon literally eat the coach while she stood back helpless, out of her head. And she couldn't get what he said out of her head "the little banshee who knows too much"... First off, all she knew was that Damon and Stefan were not human- and she had no idea what a banshee was. 

Shaking it off though, Allison finally just got out of her bed and got ready for the day. After pulling on her slight heeled ankle boots, she headed downstairs and to the kitchen to get coffee, just in time to hear Jenna saying. "He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him."

"So..." Allison spoke as she grabbed a mug from the cupboard. "Who's not cute?"

Elena grins. "Logan Fell."

"Isn't he the one you-" Allison began but Jenna immediately cut her off. "Don't say it." Then their Aunt shuts off the tv, causing Allison to smile and shake her head. She began pouring the coffee and creamer in her cup, when Jenna asks about the stuff on the table in front of Elena. "What are you doing with that?"

"I got it from the safe deposit box yesterday. Mom told Mrs. Lockwood that she would loan it to the founders council for their heritage display." Elena explains, and Jenna raises an eyebrow as she picks something up from the table. "Is that great grandma Bett's wedding ring?"

"Originally it was great, great, great grandma Mary's wedding ring." Elena corrects, only for Jeremy to speak up as he walks in. "That stuff is mom's and dad's. You can't just give it away." 

This time, Allison had to nod. "I have to agree with him, E. We should keep this stuff."

"Guys, I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan." Elena gives them a look, but then Allison looked up, getting a cold feeling, right before the doorbell rings. Elena goes to answer the door as Allison shook off the feeling, turning towards Jenna. "Come on. You can't let her go through with this."

"I'm sorry, but I don't really have a say in this." Jenna shrugs, and Alli groans, hearing footsteps heading upstairs. The brunette then sat down in the chair in front of Jenna, sticking her bottom lip out, but that only caused Jenna to shake her head. "No, no, no. No puppy dog eyes. You can go try to talk her out of it, but your mother did say she would."

"Fine." Allison mumbled, finishing her coffee before heading upstairs, deciding that she should try to talk Elena out of it before she had to head to work. So, the brunette headed over to Elena's room. "Hey, Elena, I really wanted to talk to you- woah." And she quickly closed her eyes and turned around, forever having that picture burned into her brain.

"Knock next time, A. Please." Elena says a bit annoyed, since Allison had walked in on her's and Stefan's horizontal make-out session. The brunette by the door just rolled her eyes as she turned back towards them. "Dude, your door was wide open."

"Actually, I need to talk to you, Alli." Stefan gets up, but stopped briefly when Allison took a step away from him, thankfully Elena hadn't noticed. The younger brunette shook her head, forcing a smile. "No, no, no, it's okay. You two just go back to what you were doing."

"Wait, Allison-" Stefan tried because she had turned around and left the room, heading towards her own room door. She didn't stop, even when she heard Elena's room door shut, but when Stefan grabbed her arm to stop her, she couldn't help the shakiness in her voice. "Stefan, please let go of me."

Hearing the fear in her voice, Stefan immediately let go and took a step back, but held something out as she turned to face him. But then Allison looked down confused, realizing that he was holding out a bracelet. 

"What is this?" Allison looked at it, and allowed him to put it on her wrist as he answered

"What is this?" Allison looked at it, and allowed him to put it on her wrist as he answered. "It'll help keep you safe from Damon's compulsion."

"Wa- wait, compulsion? Like mind control?" She looked at him with wide eyes, and Stefan nods. "Yes. All vampires can do it, and it's Damon's specialty. Look, I know you don't really understand what's going on, and you don't like me, but this will keep you safe. There's vervain in the bracelet, and vervain is like what wolfsbane is to wolves, but for vampires."

"Wolves? Like, werewolves? They're real?!" She exclaimed, but quickly glanced to Elena's door, making sure that the older sister didn't hear. Before looking back at Stefan, who explained. "I'll tell you more later, but just promise to never take this off, and to stay away from Damon."

Allison bit her lip and nodded, but then asked. "What's a banshee?"

"What?" He looked back at her, and she sighed. "When Damon threatened to kill me... he called me 'little banshee'."

"A banshee is a harbinger of death. A supernatural being. They are also unique and known to be hunters." Stefan explains vaguely, causing Allison to look at him confused. "Hunters? Of what?"

"The supernatural." Stefan answered at almost a whisper. "It's in their blood to protect people against supernatural creatures, that would also be known as monsters."

"So, I'm a banshee, who are supernatural-rumored-hunters?" Allison raised an eyebrow at him, not knowingly beginning to fiddle with the bracelet. He nods, "Pretty much."

"So, those dreams that I keep having..." She trailed off, and he nodded. "Are visions or warning of what's happening or what's about to happen. And your scream is a warning to those around you."

"Lovely." She sarcastically muttered, but then Elena yells from her room. "Stefan?"

Stefan sighs, giving her a look as if he was asking if she was okay, causing the young brunette to nod. As he heads back to Elena's room, she heads into her room while looking down at the bracelet.

With a sigh, and after examining the piece of jewelry, Allison finally just moves over and grabs her bag and keys, before heading out to work.