Chapter 6: Night Of The Comet

Börja om från början

And with that, Allison's smile dropped as she moved to walk away. "Goodbye, sunglasses." But then Stefan stopped her, by gently grabbing her arm and turning her around. "Sorry, it's just that I saw you fall asleep in class the last few days and I could tell something was off."

"It's nothing." Allison shook her head, and Stefan knew she was lying. "Elena said that you've been having nightmares-"

"God, seriously?" Allison basically snapped, shaking her head as she looked up at him. "That's none of her business, and it's none of yours. I can't believe that she'd even share that with you."

"Allison-" Stefan tried, but she just stopped him. "Look, neither of you need to worry. I'm fine. They're just nightmares -which are normal- so it's not a big deal."

"But talking might help, so if you ever need someone to talk to, just know that I'm here." Stefan spoke, and Allison could tell he was telling the truth. But she didn't trust people that easily. "Okay, sunglasses, me and you aren't even friends. So, I'm gonna pass on the offer but thanks."

Stefan just raised an eyebrow, "I'm gonna take that as a challenge."

Allison turned back towards him, the corner of her lip twitching upwards as she tilted her head a bit. "What does that mean?"

"I'm gonna earn your friendship and trust." Stefan said with a smile, causing her to scoff. "Well, good luck." She then blew out her candle and walked away, smiling as she called over her shoulder at him. "You're gonna need it."

✘ ✘ ✘

After a bit, Allison was at a table in the Grill with Elena, Bonnie, Tyler, Caroline, Matt, and Jacob. The group had just been hanging out for a while, and after a couple of them said that they were hungry, Allison decided to head up to the bar. 

When she made it to the bar, she smiled up at Scott, who had gotten stuck working instead of her. "Hey, Scotty, can I have two baskets of fries."

Scott just gave her a look, "I'm pretty busy, and you know how to make them."

"Yeah, I can see that." She said sarcastically, seeing that no one was really at the bar, so she then looked back at him, leaning against the counter-top and giving him a pouty lip. "Please, Scotty... aren't I one of your favorite people in the whole wide world?"

Scott just gave her a look, before not being able to help the smile, and he shook his head as he told her. "You're just lucky that you're one of the few people I can tolerate."

"Oh, please." Allison smiled widely, "You love me, pup."

Scott just rolled his eyes at the nickname she gave him when they first met, because she had said that she had a puppy face. And he decided to add, "You're fries will be up shorty, speedy."

Now Allison's smile dropped as she pointed at him, "That's not funny."

Speedy had been her nickname when she was a baby, and it lasted til middle school, but thankfully everyone kind've forgot about it when they hit high school. Well, everyone besides Scott, apparently.

Scott just shrugged innocently, "I don't know what you mean."

A couple minutes later, Allison was walking back to the table with the baskets of fries. Scott had ended up making three baskets, so she was using one of the talents she learned as a waitress to hold the three baskets without a tray. "I got food."

"Oh, thank god." Bonnie spoke, reaching over to take some fries once she placed two in the center of the table. Allison then moved back over to sit next to Tyler, placing the third basket in front of the two to share.