Chapter 4: Missing Campers

Start from the beginning

✘ ✘ ✘

"Originally discovered nearly five centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over a hundred years." Mr. Tanner drones on and on as Allison just layed her head on her desk, exhausted. She hadn't gotten any sleep after the nightmare, and she had been close to just skipping the school day, but that would've resulted in both Elena and Jenna saying she needed help. So, she decided to just avoid that and suffer through the school day.

"Now, the comet will be at its brightest right after dusk, tomorrow's celebration. Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?" Allison was too tired to lift her head up and see what they had been doing. She actually just blocked out the teacher's voice as she closed her eyes.

That is, until Mr. Tanner slammed a book on her desk, right next to her head. Allison sat straight up as the class erupts in laughs and whispers, but Allison just ignored them, glaring up at the teacher who was giving her a look. "The other Gilbert, of course. Are we bothering your sleeping schedule?"

"Actually-" Allison cut herself off, seeing Bonnie shaking her head at her. So, the young brunette just cast her eyes downwards, bitterly sighing. "No, sir."

Thankfully, the bell rang before the teacher could do anything. Allison quickly gathered her things, heading out of the classroom, but got stopped by Elena. "Alli-"

"Elena, stop." She quickly spoke, shaking her head. "I promise I'm fine, so please just leave me be." And with that, she left her sister just as Stefan caught up with them.

✘ ✘ ✘

After a couple more hours, and skipping a class to take a nap in her car, Allison finally decided to talk to Elena, only when she found her, Matt was finally talking to her. "And now there's talk of some missing campers."

"Missing campers?" Allison whispered, her mind going straight to the area. Elena looks to him, "Did she say what attacked her?"

"She said it was a vampire." Matt shrugs, causing Elena to scoff. "What?"

"Yeah, she wakes up last night and mutters vampire, then passes out." Matt explains, and Allison nodded. "Okay, yeah, that's weird."

"I think she was drunk." Matt admits, and Allison waited til he left the two, before she turned to her sister. "Elena.."

"What's up?" Elena turned towards her, Allison raising her eyebrows. "Missing campers? E, that was my nightmare last night. It can't be a coincidence."

"Yes, it can." Elena said almost too quickly. "And it is."

"Elena, could you just listen to me-" Allison tried, but Elena just stopped her. "No, Alison, I can't. I won't."

Now Allison gave her a look, shaking her head. "Why not?"

Elena hesitated, glancing down before looking back at her sister. "Do you remember the night before mom and dad died?"

"Vaguely." Allison shrugged, so Elena explained. "You begged me not to go to that party because you felt something bad was gonna happen."

"And I was right." Allison nodded, confused, but Elena just shook her head. "No. No, you weren't. You said that I would get hurt, not mom and dad. You didn't say mom and dad would die. You were wrong."

"But-" Allison tried, only for Elena to cut her off. "Just don't, Allison."

Now the younger girl was getting upset, she felt her cheeks begin heating up as she glared at her sister, dryly scoffing. "Are you seriously trying to blame this on me? That wasn't my fault-"

"Allison-" Elena tried, but she just shook her head. "No, you know what, this is exactly why Jeremy doesn't like to talk to you. I've tried, Elena, but you just don't listen. You've never listened- to anyone. Even before they died."

And with that, she turned around and stormed off. She was about to head back inside, but then she took a sharp turn, going to head to her car. But that resulted in her running into someone. "Sorry."

"It's fine." Stefan looked down at her, eyebrows furrowing when he realized something. "Are you okay?"

Allison just shook her head, looking up at him. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I'm actually about to just head out."

"Wait, Allison-" Stefan tried, but she ignored him and walked towards the parking lot. Stefan watched her walk away, debating whether or not to go after her. And, he eventually ran after her, taking her arm gently, to stop her. "Allison-"

"Not now, sunglasses." Allison pulled her arm away, giving him a look. "I'll- uh, catch up with you later." And with that, she left.

✘ ✘ ✘

The next day, Allison was still upset with Elena, but she had already made plans with the girls, so she ended up letting Elena drive her to the Grill where they were supposed to meet up with Caroline and Bonnie, since Alli's car was out of gas. 

"I was talking to Grams and apparently the comet is a sign of impending doom. The last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there were lots of death. So much blood and carnage that it created a bed of paranormal activity." Bonnie explained, causing Allison to give her a look, trying to remember when their conversation had changed. But, then Caroline basically rolled her eyes, opening her mouth. "Yeah, and then you poured Grams another shot and she told you about the aliens." The blonde then turned to Elena, "And then what?"

"Then nothing." Elena shrugged, and Caroline gave her a look. "You and Stefan talked all night? No sloppy first kiss, or touchy feely of any kind?"

"Nope. We didn't go there." Elena shook her head with a small smile, but Caroline just raised her eyebrows. "Not even a handshake? I mean, Elena, we are friends, you're supposed to share the smuck."

"Smuck?" Allison laughed, causing Caroline to give her a glare, before she turned her attention back to Elena, who shrugged. "We just talked for hours."

"Okay, what is with the blockage? Just jump his bones already." Caroline spoke, causing Allison to roll her eyes as the blonde continued. "Okay, it's easy. Boy likes girl - girl likes boy - sex."

"And you wonder why you don't have a boyfriend." Allison muttered loudly, earning another death glare from the blonde, who opened her mouth to snap back, but Bonnie stopped her. "Okay, simmer down. -Wait, Elena, where are you going?"

Allison turned her attention to her sister, who had began gathering up her stuff and standing up. "Caroline is right-"

"It's the end of the world." Allison looked to Bonnie, but Elena ignored her, continuing. "It is easy. If I sit here long enough, I'll end up talking myself out of doing what I started the day saying what I was gonna do."

Allison sighed, watching her sister walk away, before she began gathering up her own things, glancing between the other two. "Let's see how long it takes her."

Caroline and Bonnie laughed slightly, especially when Elena shouted. "Alli!"

"Bye." Allison smiled, winking at the two girls before she left, mumbling under her breath. "I should've taken my own car."