Chapter 280 - The Abducted Sannin

Orochimaru gazed at his former teammate unconscious on the ground and his face was devoid of expression. 'So after all these years, it has come to this. Sorry Tsunade. But to further my goals, your sacrifice is needed.'

He then turned his attention to his guards. He looked at Kimimaro, Jirobo and Kidomaru and spoke. He saw the blood flowing from the corner of Kimimaro's mouth and frowned. 'Even after all the preparations, Tsunade was still able to inflict significant internal damage to Kimimaro.'

"You three. Head back to the base and secure it. This is a delicate time. I don't want any unexpected incidents." The Snake sannin gave the order.

Kimimaro stepped forward and bowed. "Yes my Lord. We'll make sure nothing happens till you return."

"Make sure to heal your injuries. Shizune's poison jutsu isn't something you can simply shrug off."

"Understood my Lord."

The Snake Sannin then turned to the remaining members of the Sound Five. "Sakon, Tayuya. We need to move quickly. You know what to do."

The two guards nodded and went to the two sleeping bodies on the ground. Tayuya picked up Shizune while Sakon carried Tsunade. Orochimaru looked around and noticed that their pet was missing.

He inwardly smiled as he couldn't sense Tonton anywhere nearby. 'It must be on its way to the village. This battle was bound to draw attention. Even if they sent their entire force to search, they wouldn't find me.'

"Let's go." On Orochimaru's orders the group split up and went in two directions. Sakon and Tayuya followed Orochimaru, carrying their captives while Kimimaro and his team went to the main base in the Land of Sound.

Shortly after all parties left the area, a strange figure appeared out of the tree several meters away. A figure with the body of a plant and wearing the Akatsuki robes. Zetsu looked at the scene and was confused.

"Well, that was unexpected. You think she did something to make Orochimaru mad?" The white half asked his partner.

"No. Tsunade had been wasting her time getting drunk and gambling this last year. I doubt she had crossed paths with Orochimaru at the time. That snake must have something planned." Black Zetsu replied.

"I see. You're probably right. Still, I didn't think she'd put up such a fight. Even outnumbered she was holding her own."

Unlike his other half Black Zetsu knew that they weren't battling with anywhere near their full power. "No. It only looked like that because Orochimaru and the others didn't go for any killing blows. For some reason they want her and her student alive."

"What do you think Orochimaru's plan is?"

At the white half's question, Black Zetsu became silent for a few moments. "I have a few ideas but I can't make any solid conclusions. Let's see if we can follow them."

The two disappeared into the ground and tried to pursue their target. As they neared Orochimaru the Snake Sannin suddenly stopped while his subordinates kept going.

"Kuku... Is that you Zetsu." Orochimaru spoke as he kept looking forward.

Zetsu, who was hidden in the ground several meters away, was annoyed. 'He knows.'

"If you're going to keep following me I'll see for myself just how durable you really are. Or we can part ways and you can go spy on someone else." With those words Orochimaru vanished from Zetsu's sight.

The Akatsuki spy was hiding underground and decided not to pursue the Snake Sannin. "His sensing skills are sharper than I thought." The white half remarked.