Chapter 242 - A Possible Alliance

"Your highness, what makes you so certain that technology is the future?" The Genin asked.

The prince turned to the boy and replied. "Technology or Science can be used in two ways. For the growth and betterment of the people and their nation and for destruction and military advantages. The Land of Snow has an unusually high level of technology when compared to the rest of the world. They have airships, railroads, power generators and even these machines called snow mobiles. Now all of this can be used to improve a nation faster. I heard that they recently developed something called Chakra Armor which can help them in battle."

Daichi stayed silent but displayed the appropriate expressions of surprises and skepticism as he listened to the prince. 'His information network is certainly extensive. Some of those things about the Land of Snow are not easy to find out right now. I need to keep up appearances and can't let this guy figure out that I already know about all that.'

The prince, unaware of Daichi's thoughts, continued. "During the second shinobi world war there was a country known as the Land of Sky. It was formed by ninjas from across the lands. Their technology was much more advanced than the other nations and they had the ability to fly. Now unfortunately they declared war on the five great nations and were destroyed but their technology allowed them to deal a lot of damage to the nations."

The prince stopped and looked at the boy sitting opposite. "With chakra a lot of things are possible but times are changing. It may be slow but change is inevitable."

The Genin leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. He had much to think about.

The prince closed his eyes and took in a deep breath of air and slowly exhaled. He kept his full attention on the Genin who was pondering on the implications of their discussion.

"Tell me Daichi, what is your goal?" Katsuya asked the boy.

The young gamer decided to be straight forward and told the truth. He needed to know the intentions of the young prince and wanted to see if the man in front of him would one day oppose him. "To become the strongest. To stand at the top of this era."

Katsuya smirked at that reply. "That's not an easy task to accomplish... But I suppose with your talent and potential it might be possible."

Daichi leaned forward in his chair and asked the same question. "Prince Katsuya, what's your ambition?"

"Hmm... Well, I won't be the Daimyo of this country. That title will belong to my oldest brother when my dear father departs from this world... My second eldest brother will be the commander of the military force. I would just be an advisor. But then again... I have no interest in ruling this country or commanding its military. My ambition is... much higher. I'll tell you next time we meet."

Daichi raised an eyebrow at that last remark. 'What game is he playing? He wants me on his side but what else is he after?'

The Genin decided to move on to the core matter he was here for. "You said something about an alliance? What did you have in mind?"

"I'm suggesting we could establish a covert alliance that would strengthen the both of us. And I'm not talking about the Leaf village and the Land of Fire. I'm talking about you and me. I have certain projects in mind and like I said earlier I'm looking for talented people in multiple fields. You're the best in the field of medicine and biology."

"And I'm someone who's lacking in resources and political power. I'm also not as dangerous as some others, right?" Daichi said with a smirk.

The prince grinned at Daichi. "Ha! Yes. That's true. The others who are capable would be a headache for me to deal with and... I might accidentally kill them." The grin widened and Katsuya's eyes held a dangerous glint.