Chapter 264 - A Sacrificial Lamb

Fire Capital.

A ninja stood inside Ryoma's room, hidden in the darkness and silently observing him. The subordinate of the 3rd minister was unaware of this individual's presence and was steadily completing his mission report. It wasn't long before he finished it and at that moment the intruder made his move.

'Genjutsu art: Timeless Haze'

In mere moments Ryoma was under the intruder's illusion technique and was sitting in his chair motionless.

The shinobi slowly appeared from the shadows and walked towards Ryoma. 'This will put you under while I get what I need.'

He immediately began going through the mission report that was just done and quickly memorized every detail and even made a copy. 'The spy Fujin sent was caught and now the two major corporations are forming an alliance. The young master won't be happy about this.'

He read the details of the alliance and merger between the two parties and gave a light sigh.

The unknown ninja completed his work in a couple of minutes and the next moment he was out of the room. He dispelled the illusion jutsu holding Ryoma and quietly made his exit.

—-

The ninja was exceptional in stealth and quickly made his way to his destination with the new information. It wasn't long before he reached a small palace and entered through a secret tunnel. He soon stood in front of his master's room and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

The shinobi entered and gave a small bow before taking a scroll from his pocket. "I have the information you wanted, young master."

"Ahh yes. Perfect. I can always count on you Hotoja."

The shinobi who entered Ryoma's residence in secret was the loyal guard of the youngest prince Katsuya Hinoō. The third prince immediately went through the report and noted the most important details as Hotoja stood silently. The smile on Katsuya's face widened by the time he finished the document.

"Wonderful. Everything's going according to plan." The prince couldn't help but chuckle. He turned to Hotoja with a teasing grin.

Hotoja was surprised to see his master's reaction. "I thought you'd be angry or at the very least annoyed, seeing that Fujin Genjira's company would soon be shut down. You spent quite a bit of money over the last 4 years on strengthening his company."

"I did. And it was for this exact reason."

"You helped him... to fail?"

Seeing his subordinate's confusion the third prince began explaining.

"Over 5 years ago I had been gathering information on most businesses running in and around Fire country. One in particular caught my eye. The Silver Wood Logging company."

"Fujin Genjira's company!"

The prince nodded. "Yes. While similar businesses were struggling due to the two giants Satoru and Rising Sun, Fujin's company was steadily growing. I found it odd and ordered a secret in depth investigation. It took some time but I soon came to know of his spies in the two major companies feeding him intel. Fujin used that intelligence to create tension and skirmishes between the two corporations."

Hotoja began to understand the situation. "Slowing down their growth while strengthening his own."

"Precisely. And it was at that moment I came up with an idea. Can you guess what that is Hotoja?"