Chapter 294 - Danzo makes a move.

Anko, Genma and Daichi left the village around 9:am and were quickly making their way to the last known location of the missing nin turned spy 'Ko Yamanaka'.

Genma, Anko and Daichi were moving in a close triangle formation with Daichi a few feet ahead of the other two ninjas.

The team leader Genma began to address the mission. "Alright. This is our objective. Orochimaru has attacked the Anbu team that was sent to monitor Kabuto. That means he's taking extraordinary precautions. So our chances of finding his spy Nam is slim. But that doesn't mean we can't investigate his whereabouts."

"So are we going to the Fire Capital first?" Daichi asked.

"No. We are going to the place where Mizuki met Ko. The Hut a few kilometers ahead of the capital. Obviously he won't be there but if can find some clues that can help us track him down, then we're that much closer to Orochimaru." Genma said to the two.

"But don't we need a tracker ninja for that? Like someone from the Inuzuka clan or the Aburame clan?" Daichi asked as he looked at the team leader.

At that time Anko had a grin. "Hey. Why do you think I'm here?"

Daichi turned his head to look at the female Jonin.

"I may not be from Inuzuka or Aburame but I'm a pretty good tracker too."

The Genin nodded and turned his attention back to Genma.

"While Anko investigates that lead, you and I will be heading to the capital next. We're going to investigate Nam. If we find anything useful we follow up... If not, we head back to the village."

Daichi was slightly tense as he heard the last part. 'I need to find some leads. I can't go back to the village. Not without sensei and Shizune.'

As they travelled through the trees Anko and Genma glanced at the boy who was slightly ahead of them.

"You know, I heard about what happened with Mizuki." It was Anko who spoke. She didn't address who she was talking to but the three knew.

Daichi held no sympathy for the former academy instructor. "He should have taken my offer. Things would have gone a lot smoother then."

A few moments later Genma spoke. "I still remember that moment when Yondu asked you that question... Do you regret finding out the answer Daichi?"

The Genin was silent for a few moments as he thought about it. 'The morals and rules I learned in my previous life won't help me here... Still, I won't abandon them completely. But now I know that I'll break those rules in times of crisis.'

"No." Daichi replied after giving it some thought. "I found out who I am. And I know who I am and when to not go over the edge... So to answer your question. No. I don't regret it... After all, this is who we are..."

"You're not like the other Genins are you?" Anko asked with a slight questioning look. Not that Daichi could see.

"No, I'm not."

"Why did you even learn such a method of torture?" It was Genma who asked Daichi this question.

"Well, that method wasn't written down. But most of the information regarding it was documented and I simply recreated it out of intellectual curiosity. Mostly... Using the simplest method to cause damage to the human psyche in the shortest time."

"Did Lady Tsunade know?" Anko asked.

Daichi had a small smile as he remembered that day when he discussed this with his teacher. "Yeah. Who do you think gave me the tips to make it more effective?"