Chapter 236 - Stat Boost

After coming to a decision, Daichi quickly made his way to the lab and found the other two medics.

"You're back. Since you're going to stubbornly move forward with this plan, have you given any thoughts about your next step?" The blonde Sannin crossed her arms and asked the boy.

The gamer ninja nodded his head and created a shadow clone. "I have an idea but I'm going to need to prepare a few things first. I'm going to artificially mature the crossbred herbs and plants and then I'll need to synthesize the enzymes from the 27 specimens. I could use some help from you with that, sensei."

Tsunade nodded and both her and Daichi's clone got to work.

"Anything I can do?" Shizune asked the boy.

Daichi turned his head and nodded. "Yes. Can you get me a sample of every snake venom the hospital has currently available?"

At that request Shizune was confused. "Why do you need snake venom?"

Tsunade, who was listening to the conversation, slightly narrowed her eyes but continued on with her work with no other reaction.

Hearing Shizune's question the boy held a mysterious smirk which made the woman sigh. "Fine. Keep your secret. I'll get you your samples. It's gonna take a while though."

"I know. Thank you senpai." The Genin replied with a smile and moments later Tsunade's companion headed out to the Fire Capital hospital.

"I'll see you in a few hours, sensei."

The Sannin silently nodded and Daichi left to go find his grandfather. He found the man sitting in a corner in Jin's room with a somber expression.

Sensing his grandson's arrival Kensei spoke without turning his head away from the sleeping man. "I've known him for a long time. We grew up together. Became shinobi together. Went on so many missions with both of us watching out for the other... After my son and my daughter in law died in the attack, he was there for me. After Fumiyo passed away, he was there for me."

Kensei turned his head to look at his grandson and Daichi could see a small trail of tears running down the old man's cheeks. "Jin was there for me long before I had my son, long before I met my wife. And he was there for me long after they all were gone. And I... I haven't even been able to return a fraction of the support and kindness he has shown me over decades. I regret that."

Daichi slowly walked to the old man and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry. When I'm done with my treatment, you'll have plenty of time to make up for that regret."

The old ninja nodded and his gaze went back to his friend while Daichi made his way to another room to prepare.

—-

Daichi was in the guest room meditating alone for a few hours. He was thinking about the next move he was going to make and the long term effects.

'I need to increase the power of my Parallel Processing skill. And for that high Intelligence stat is necessary and high Wisdom is also needed. But there will be another limitation. My body or more specifically my brain. It's the most energy consuming organ in the body since it's so full of nerve cells. So if I want to efficiently use my brain I need to increase my Vitality and get it to 500 as well.'

Daichi opened the status page and looked at the three stats he wanted to improve.

[Vitality - 494]

[Intelligence - 312]

[Wisdom - 257]

Daichi closed his eyes and sighed. 'It won't be long before I start to come across stronger and stronger opponents. Fighting them with sheer brute force won't be enough all the time. I'll need to outmaneuver and outthink the crafty ones. Using stats now will be beneficial in the long run. With Vitality my brain will have the needed energy to operate and with high Intelligence and Wisdom stats, I'm sure the restrictions on Parallel Processing skill will significantly be reduced... I wonder what kind of skills I'll get when I upgrade these stats.'