Chapter 232 - Ice Affinity

Training Ground 3

"Well, we got plenty of water here thanks to your jutsu. So how do you want to get started?" Kakashi asked Daichi.

"You remember the Ice sword I got on our last mission?"

"Yeah it rings a bell. But I don't remember seeing you in action with that yet." The Jonin said with a chuckle. Daichi had a smile hearing that and soon he took the sword out of a scroll. The Genin still remembered the details his 'observe' skill showed him.

[Frost Sword] [Special Item: Rank A]

[The Frost Sword is a Special Ranked item created by Katsura Sadoshi. It is his greatest creation till date. This weapon is created by studying the Kekkei Genkai genetics of a member of the Yuki clan and the DNA is extracted and used in creating this sword. This sword can freeze water, create and launch massive waves of ice and more. Only someone with higher than average chakra reserves and one with high affinity to Water can use this sword. This is a melee weapon that can shoot ice projectiles and can be used both defensively and offensively.

Note: This sword was created using the blood of a member of The Yuki clan and thus it can create Ice and mimic the abilities of that clan.

Members not part of the Yuki clan can use this sword but the chakra cost is high.

Members of the Yuki clan can use this sword with minimal chakra cost.]

Daichi looked at the sword with an intense gaze. 'If I can understand the inner workings of this sword, how it uses someone's chakra into creating ice, then I'll be one step closer to achieving my goal.'

"So that's the weapon huh. That man who worked for the Lightning Twins must have been an extraordinary blacksmith to create something like this." Kakashi came close and looked at the magnificent weapon.

Daichi nodded. "Yeah. If I can figure out its secrets or at least understand some parts of its inner mechanics then I'm sure I can create my own ice techniques."

"Well then, let's get started."

Hearing his sensei, Daichi got ready. Both the teacher and student were standing on top of a small lake created as a result of Daichi's latest Rasengan variant. The Genin created a couple of shadow clones so that they could concentrate on observing the chakra flow when the sword is in use.

The real Daichi gripped the Frost sword in his right hand and channeled some of his chakra into it. He placed the tip of the sword atop the surface of the new small lake and quickly the water under Daichi began to freeze. The water underneath Daichi's feet became solid and soon it spread.

Kakashi had his Sharingan out and was keenly observing the sword in Daichi's hand. After a few seconds he came to a conclusion. 'I can't copy it. Not only does the user create Ice with no hand seals, that sword is somehow mimicking the chakra flow of the Yuki clan. It seems that man was able to harness the genetic disposition that gave the Yuki clan members their ability to use Ice jutsu and somehow artificially replicate that ability and transplant it into a sword. The vast knowledge and skills one would need to do something like that...'

Kakashi watched as the ice spread in all directions from underneath Daichi. The Jonin let out a tired sigh as he thought about the situation.

'If any other village had gotten their hands on him then it would have been a disaster. It was best that he died on that ship. This is something that would tip the balance of power between nations. If weapons like this and the armor used by them were mass produced it would have soon caused an all out war.'