Chapter 245 - Everyone has an Agenda 02

Feb. 7th: Hyuga Clan Compound.

It was only an hour after dawn but there was already a Hyuga training in the compound and improving his taijutsu style. He began his training early and already completed a vigorous warm-up to prepare his body for the intense training that laid ahead. Currently the sounds of flesh hitting wooden dummies could be heard throughout the small training area.

Sweat was slowly forming on Neji's face as he practiced basic stance and strikes on the wooden targets. He focused on precision and fluidity of his movements rather than brute force.

Even though he was training and going through the motions, his mind was elsewhere. He recalled the mission in the Land of the Sea and the events that occurred. Neji's mind was focused on one particular memory. Daichi stopping the cannon fired from the warship.

'He took such an attack head on. His speed to reach that weapon before it struck its target, his physical strength and chakra control needed to stop it... It's beyond even some Jonin. I'm sure of it.'

Neji looked at the scene with his Byakugan and saw Daichi's higher than normal chakra volume and the precise control he had over it.

'He was able to change his chakra to water and lightning nature in the span of a second and even control every ounce of his chakra throughout his whole body to protect himself in such a situation.'

Thunk.

Another strike landed on the wooden dummy. At that moment another memory popped up in his mind. A conversation that happened between his teacher and Daichi's. Neji was going to update his sensei and Kakashi on the progress of their journey when he accidentally happened upon their conversation.

Flashback.

It was shortly after the defeat of the Gladiator pirates. The two ships were making their way to Mother Island. Kakashi and Guy were in the captain's cabin on Ishido's ship going over their supplies. Daichi healed their injuries from the battle but the two were mentally tired after fighting such strong ninjas. But they wanted to be prepared in case any more unexpected problems arose.

"How's your student Kakashi? He looked fine but... After taking a powerful attack like that head-on..." Guy asked in a serious tone.

Kakashi smiled at his friend's concern. "Don't worry. He's an excellent medic and he knows to take care of himself. He's currently sleeping and he'll be fine in a day or two. He said so himself and I trust his judgment."

"That's good." Might Guy smiled and nodded his head. But a few moments later that smile dimmed and then disappeared.

"Did you see it... Kakashi? I'm sure you know what I'm talking about." The green spandex wearing Jonin asked in an unusually serious tone.

The copycat ninja was silent as heard his friend's question. A few seconds later he nodded his head. "Yeah... Daichi's talent and growth... It's beyond belief."

"His physical strength is no doubt extraordinary and the concentration and stamina to take that attack directly... Only someone with a large chakra pool with precision control could have survived... What did your Sharingan see?" The Jonin of Team Guy asked.

"You're right but there is much more to it." Kakashi replied and his fellow Jonin narrowed his eyes.

The copycat ninja continued. "He strengthened his entire body with chakra and kept it evenly balanced and just before the cannon's impact he concentrated a portion of his chakra to his hands and changed their nature to sticky water. It was to make sure he had a hold of that flaming ball at all times."