Chapter 214 - Backup Team Guy.

Kakashi had a thoughtful expression as he held the small turtle summon in his hand. 'Guy requesting backup for a Genin mission is unusual. Something serious must have happened.'

At that moment the small wiggling turtle in the silver haired ninja's hand spoke. "Turtle... Guy and his team are on Jiro island. He asked for your assistance as soon as your current mission is completed... Turtle."

"I understand. Our work here was just done. We're on our way."

Hearing the Jonin's response the small turtle summon vanished in a puff of smoke.

"Looks like we're heading to Jiro island."

Daichi nodded and the two ninjas took off. They quickly reached the port and looked for a ferry. But since it was the middle of the night, none were available. One of the few workers at the docks spoke with the two ninjas about the situation.

"I apologize. But there's been pirate attacks on vessels traveling during the night. So no one will take you. Sorry."

Daichi narrowed his eyes as he heard that. 'They must be the same ones Guy's Team were sent to take care of.'

"Can we borrow a boat? We'll pay." Kakashi said and the dock worker reluctantly agreed. The Jonin paid the needed money to the man and took his boat. It was a small boat capable of being manned by two people.

Kakashi had been on various missions that required traveling through sea so he was familiar with handling a boat.

The two ninjas made their way to Jiro island where the other team was waiting. On their way they saw some wooden wreckage floating in the sea. Daichi jumped off the boat and walked to the wreckage.

"These look like they were from a large ship." Daichi said as he examined the wooden piece.

Kakashi looked through the various pieces and agreed with his student. "You're right. And something tells me that this has to do with Guy calling for our help."

"What do you know about the Land of Sea, Daichi?" Kakashi asked his student as they moved through the ocean.

"Hmm... Well let's see..." Daichi recalled all the information he knew from his past life and the few tidbits he learned over the years here. "The Land of Sea consists of several islands. With the Mother Island being the main one. It's surrounded by Jiro, Taro and Demon islands. Their main export is fish and herbs that grow on those islands."

The Jonin nodded. "Yes. You are correct. But there's more. The Land of Sea is an important trading route. The cargo ships containing goods from Ouza and Nagi Islands and the Land of Wind goes through here."

"I get it. This is an ideal spot for pirates targeting shipments and various merchandise."

Kakashi nodded. "Guy must have encountered a situation with these pirates where backup must have been absolutely necessary."

"Then we better hurry." Daichi said as he looked at the approaching Island.

The two ninjas didn't encounter any problems and were able to quickly reach their destination. Once ashore Kakashi and Daichi quickly hid the boat to mask their arrival.

"We need to find Guy quickly. But we don't know if he's in any immediate trouble or not. So we have to be careful." Kakashi bit his thumb and quickly went through several seals. He slammed his palm on the ground and summoned his favorite ninja dog.

"Sup Kakashi." A gruff voice came from the smoke. Pakkun looked at his summoner with a carefree look and then he turned his attention to his student. The ninja dog still remembered their last encounter but he didn't show any discomfort on his face.