Chapter 276 - The Forbidden Scroll Incident(Final)

Daichi looked at the situation and noted the position of everyone. 'Shikamaru and his team led one of them deeper into the forest. But since my clone is with them I don't have to worry. Kiba and his team are fighting in the clearing nearby in the opposite direction. None of them are hurt. That's a good sign. Iruka's lost quite a bit of blood but he'll be fine in a minute or two. Now all that's left is Mizuki... But that might be a problem.'

The boy glanced to his side and inwardly shook his head. Daichi was standing near his friend and could clearly feel the rise of the Nine Tails' malicious chakra emanating from him. 'With everything that happened today there's no doubt that everyone would be on edge. If they sense the presence of the Nine tails chakra then even if Mizuki is caught it might not end well for Naruto. I need to quickly calm him down.'

The Genin placed a hand on Naruto getting his attention. Naruto saw the seriousness in Daichi's eyes and gave him a questioning look.

"You need to calm down Naruto."

"Are you really telling me to calm down? After everything that happened. After Sasuke almost -"

"Yes. Sasuke will be fine. Right now fighting Mizuki angry won't help."

Naruto stood still and struggled with himself for a few seconds but then slowly let out a deep breath of air. The hidden chakra of the tailed beast slowly receded and Daichi internally let out a sigh of relief.

But at that time Mizuki spoke. "I told you all. He's the Nine tails. That chakra just now. It was the Nine tails. If he isn't killed the whole village would be destroyed."

Daichi could see that along with anger and hate there was also fear in Mizuki's eyes. The rogue instructor, seeing that his words weren't getting anyone to turn on Naruto, looked at Daichi. "Daichi. I know your parents died in the Nine tails attack and it's why you became an orphan."

The Genin was silent for a few moments before he nodded his head. "You are right. The Nine tails did kill my parents."

Naruto held his head down and clenched his fist but he was silent. He didn't have the strength to look at his friend.

"But I don't see a giant mountain sized fox anywhere. So you must be mistaken." The gamer ninja had a smirk as he looked at the Chunin.

Naruto was shocked hearing that and turned his head. He saw Daichi giving him a big smile and he had small tears in the corner of his eyes.

"He's not your friend." Mizuki tried one more time to turn the Genin against his friend but it was useless.

Daichi narrowed his eyes as he glared at the grey haired ninja. "Who exactly are you to decide who my friends are?" He then looked at his friend and took note of his condition.

'Naruto's trying to hide it but he's exhausted. If I had to guess I'd say he's been using the shadow clone jutsu multiple times already. There are also multiple wounds on his body. The nature of those injuries suggests it came from someone who was much faster.'

Daichi's eyes then glanced at Mizuki. 'Of course it's him. His speed in this transformed state is much greater than a normal Chunin ninja.'

Daichi took a closer look at Mizuki's body and noted something. 'I see... It won't be long now.'

"I'm sick of hearing him talk. Daichi. Let's kick his ass." Naruto was about to bring his hands to make the shadow clone seal but his friend stopped him.

"Naruto, if you don't mind, I'd like to fight him alone. There are a few things I want to find out from him."

Naruto looked at his friend and was confused. "I'm not gonna let him just get away with everything he did."