Chapter 217 - Battle on the High Seas 01

The gamer ninja quickly looked through the details of the quest. Daichi was surprised as to what the conditions needed for success were.

[Quest Created - Back up Team Guy]

You and Kakashi are Team Guy's backup. Save the hostages, defeat the enemies and complete the mission your sensei has given you and successfully finish this quest.

.

[Conditions]

Do not die.

Do not let your sensei or Team Guy get mortally injured or die.

Save every hostage.

Make sure all enemies are defeated or neutralized.

Retrieve at least 2 +Rare Ranked Items.

.

[Rewards]

50000 Exp.

Weapon Blueprints.

Reputation increases with Leaf Ninjas and citizens of the Land of Sea.

.

[Failure]

Reputation decreases with Leaf Ninjas and citizens of the Land of Sea.

Possible death.

-35000 Exp.

.

[Accept - Y/N]

'So I need to make sure everyone from my side is safe and sound by the end of this and all my targets dead or captured? This is going to be tough but it's doable... Hmm... It seems I'll have to keep an eye on everyone during the battle. Regardless, the experience and blueprints are worth it. I'm going to do this mission anyway so might as well accept this.'

With that Daichi mentally accepted the quest and prepared himself. The Leaf Shinobi didn't have to wait long before they saw the first enemy ship.

Kakashi looked at the pirate ship sailing in the distance and spoke. "This is it. Daichi and I will handle that one and meet you guys at the rendezvous point."

"You got it. I know you don't need it but good luck Kakashi" Guy nodded with a smile. The Jonin turned to look at the ship which suddenly changed directions and was heading for them. "Looks like your target is coming straight for you. How nice of them. Neji, how many do you see in that ship? Give us their number and position."

The Hyuga Genin quickly used his Kekkei Genkai and retrieved the intel needed. "There are 8 people below deck, chained and in small cages. The hostages no doubt. There are 12 others who seem to be part of the pirate crew. Except for the captain none of them seems dangerous. Ordinary chakra reserves. They're looking to attack us. Mainly swords and a few have daggers as weapons... The Captain has Chunin level reserves and is wearing Armor similar to the other one."

Neji completed his report and shut off the Byakugan to conserve chakra. At that moment Daichi created a shadow clone and had it join Team Guy.

Kakashi looked at the incoming ship and let out a small breath of air. "It's time, Daichi. Let's go greet them. Good luck with your end, Guy." With those words Kakashi vanished from the boat in a swirl of leaves.