Chapter 222 - Katsura Sadoshi

The Forge.

The Forge was the name of the room in the Dark Amphibian that Katsura Sadoshi worked in. It was constructed so the man could work and create armor and weapons from prying eyes. Katsura was getting updates on the status of his crew from the few people on the ship.

'So Mazui is dead huh. Even with my armor. That's a shame.'

He remembered the day he joined the Lightning Twins and Maki and became the founding member of the Gladiator Pirates.

Flashback.

Katsura Sadoshi was running through the trees as fast as he could. There were several people chasing after him. The next second Katsura had to dodge several shuriken but one clipped him in the leg making him lose his balance.

He crashed to the ground but there were only minor injuries on his body. He looked up and saw 4 people quickly surrounding him. They all had the headband with the stylized kanji for artisans.

"Don't do this, Hoki. Just let me go."

A man with a slim face, brown hair and prominent jawline stepped forward and sneered at Katsura. "That's not going to happen. You're a traitor."

"I'm a traitor only because I wouldn't go along with your insanity." Katsura stood and glared at the man.

A slender boy with green eyes and blue hair stepped forward. "Is it insane to want to see your village rise to the top? Is it insane to want the great nations to respect our village? They attack our village because they fear the abilities of our weapons. But no more. We won't tolerate this disrespect any longer."

"Katsura. You are the best of us. Your craftsmanship is unparalleled. We can forget your foolishness if you join us." A slender kunoichi with fair skin, blue-green cyan hair spoke. She held a hand out to the man in front of her.

Katsura shook his head "No Kujaku. You're all going to build weapons using my blueprints to wage war on the great nations. Can't you see how stupid that is. You won't win." Katsura yelled at the group.

"Yes, We will! We will take the power of their tailed beasts first. We'll begin with Shukaku and use its power to revive our founder. Then he will save us." The largest of the group spoke. It was a broadly built man with a purple coat.

"Suiko..." Katsura clenched his fist as he looked at the 4. 'It looks like they plan to kill me and take my scroll. There's no way out of this. I can't beat all of them and they won't let me take out my weapons from the scroll. Maybe if I surrender I might get the chance to escape again. It's better than dying here now.'

Katsura sighed and he relented. "Fine. Have it your way. I'll help you build the weapons."

Hoki smiled as he looked at the defeated man. "Do you think we're idiots? You're just looking to buy time aren't you?"

Katsura's eyes widened as he heard. He looked at the malicious intent coming from the four and came to a startling realization. "You all never intended to let me live did you?"

Ninja wire flew from Kujaku's hands and she quickly restrained Katsura.

"You've shown that you're not truly loyal to the village. So you'll have to die." A kunai appeared in Hoki's hand and he rushed forward towards Katsura.

In one timeline, Katsura was killed by the four. They would take his scroll and build the weapons needed to revive their founder. In this timeline however...

Several shuriken came from shadows and struck Hoki's vitals instantly killing him. From the shadows came two ninjas with a slashed cloud village headband.