Chapter 209 - A Birthday Party & Sinister Plots

Hokage's Office

Hiruzen looked through the crystal ball and a happy smile was on his face as he saw Daichi help Naruto with his training. He looked at the Genin and his smile slightly widened. The old kage remembered the conversation he had with his predecessor about the genius child.

He also recalled the warning the reanimated kage gave him and the events that happened after.

"Saru, I've never known anyone with such talent. Even my brother couldn't master all the Chakra Natures to that degree at such a young age. Even I couldn't. And on top of that this boy learned medical ninjutsu as well? This is truly incredible."

Hiruzen nodded and smiled hearing his predecessor's assessment of Daichi. "Are you interested in training him for a short while, sensei? I'm sure the boy could learn a great deal from you."

Tobirama sighed and replied. "Such talent should be nurtured for sure and under a different circumstance I would have been very interested in training him... But you know our situation. My situation. My existence should remain a secret. If anyone were to find out that I had been brought back to life, if the other villages get wind of this information, it would create chaos and throw all the plans you put in place in jeopardy. So for the moment my resurrection shall remain a secret and I won't be meeting anyone. But if an opportunity arises... Well, we'll see... With the way you speak about the child, he'll get more powerful quickly."

"Yes. He said his goal was to become the strongest in the world. I have no doubt he would become one of the strongest shinobis of his era."

Tobirama frowned as he heard that. "You told me he trains everyday and pushes himself to be better. But why? Why does he train with such intense discipline and why does he want to become the strongest?"

Hiruzen frowned at that question. "What are you getting at sensei?"

"There must be a reason for his need for strength beyond wanting to reach the peak. Something more. Everyone has something that drives them forward. My brother wanted to be strong to create a peaceful environment for the clan. The same went for Madara. That's the reason they wanted to be stronger than everyone around them. Similarly, this child must have some kind of reason beyond simply wanting strength or fame to push himself like this. Do you know what that is?"

Hiruzen shook his head indicating that he didn't know. Seeing this Tobirama, being the cautious man he was, gave his former student a warning.

"We must be vigilant. The child should be given guidance in his training but you should also keep watch. It's a delicate line to balance for people like us... Be careful of this child. Since you don't know what his end goals are, you should keep an eye on him. Power corrupts. And there is a chance this child could walk down Madara's path or even your student's path."

The second Hokage didn't know it, but those words shook Hiruzen. He didn't even want to think what would happen should Daichi become a traitor.

It was during this time that Shikamaru visited him in his office and invited him to Naruto's birthday party.

"So you want me to come to Naruto's birthday party tomorrow?" The old kage asked the child with a teasing smile.

"Yes Lord Hokage. If you aren't busy, that is..."

Hiruzen could see the nervousness of the young Nara. He chuckled and replied. "Hmm. I'll come. I'm glad you're such a good friend to Naruto."

"Well, I can't take all the credit. Daichi and the others are helping."

Hiruzen was surprised to hear that. He knew that even though Naruto and Daichi were friends, he thought the boy would be spending his time training and improving his skills.