Chapter 211 - C Rank: Retake the Fortress 02

Kakashi had several ideas on how to proceed but he needed to know a few more things from the Daimyo.

"You said the Toujin Fortress is important to the Tea country. So I assume you want us to complete the mission and make sure no damages come to the building."

The tea Daimyo nodded his head. "Yes. It's another reason why I hired you ninjas. I want you to get rid of them before they do any damage and you have to complete this task without damaging the property."

Kakashi nodded. "Then I'm going to need the blueprints of that fortress. I assume you have them?"

"I do. I'll have someone bring them to you quickly." The Tea Daimyo turned to his attendant and nodded his head. The attendant quickly left to fetch the item Kakashi requested.

"Why do you need a blueprint of the fortress?" Yukata asked the silver haired man.

"If they see us coming and set off any booby traps or paper bombs then that will definitely cause damage. Since we have to complete this mission without any damages to the building, we need to take them by surprise. We'll have an idea of the best entry points if we take a look at the structure of the fortress."

The Tea Daimyo nodded his head to the logic.

At that moment Daichi asked a question that's been on his mind for a while. "Are you sure they haven't taken any hostages? It's surprising that they haven't taken any to hold leverage over you. If they do have any, then we'll have to rescue them."

"Well see, the thing is, we don't know if anyone has been taken. There haven't been any reports thus far... But..." The man looked down and clenched his fists as he thought about such a possibility.

"You're not sure, are you..." Kakashi said in a soft voice. "We understand. If they have taken any of your citizens in secret, we'll rescue them."

Yukata looked at the two ninjas and smiled. "Thank you."

"It's what you paid us to do sir." Kakashi gave an eye smile and reassured the man.

At that moment the Daimyo's attendant came in with several large sheets of paper. He handed the sheets of paper to the Leaf ninjas and stepped back. "The blueprints for the Toujin Fortress as you have requested."

"We'll take our leave and get to work." Kakashi took the items and sealed them in a scroll.

At that moment the attendant handed the Jonin a slip of paper with an address. "Your lodging will be at that Inn. I have already made the arrangements." Yukata informed the two ninjas.

The Jonin nodded and the two Leaf ninjas left the small mansion shortly after.

The Tea Daimyo wanted to ask when they would complete their task but held his tongue. 'They have their ways. I should just be patient.'

—-

"Don't you find this whole thing weird?" As the two ninjas walked through the streets Daichi asked his sensei.

"Hmm..." Kakashi merely glanced at Daichi and didn't reply.

The Genin sighed and elaborated. "The bandits attacked a place so close to the Tea Daimyo's home. And they even looted several people here according to him. That's a pretty stupid thing to do. They should have known that the people of Tea country or the Daimyo would hire ninjas to protect them. So why go through with something like this?"

"You are right. It doesn't make much sense. But it could also be because of that unknown ninja. He could be controlling them. Forcing them to do it or..."