Chapter 247 - A New B Rank Mission

March 15th. Leaf Village.

It was early morning and Daichi was in training ground 3 meditating. 'In 5 days Naruto and the others will graduate. But what will happen on that day? Will everything go the same or will canon be shot to hell... Since we hadn't gotten a C Rank mission in a while I'm pretty sure I'll get one today and that'll take me out of the village. But for how long? There is a chance that I'll miss their graduation and if anything happens I won't be here to run interference.'

Daichi had been debating on whether or not to leave a Shadow clone behind just in case. 'No. That jutsu reduces my chakra. If Kakashi uses the Sharingan during the mission and sees that my chakra is cut in half then he might have some questions I'd rather not answer.'

Daichi opened his eyes and let out a breath of air. He stood and went near the lake running through the training ground. He stood still and thought about everything and finally made a decision.

'I can't babysit them. If there are any changes and if anything bad happens, then I need to see if Naruto or the others can handle it on their own. For better or worse... I have a feeling I'm going to see the bigger ripple effects of my actions from this point forward. Can I trust them to protect the future or do I need to bear the burden and battle all the enemies myself to make sure the future is secure... What happens on the night of the graduation will decide my course of action in the next couple of years.'

"What's worrying you?" The sudden voice of Kakashi brought the Genin out of his thoughts. The Jonin rarely saw Daichi having such an expression.

The young ninja looked at his sensei and spoke after a few moments of silence. "It's nothing... and maybe everything."

The Jonin raised an eyebrow at the cryptic answer. He thought about anything that could be bothering his student and after a few moments he had an idea. "Your former class is graduating in a few days? Are you worried that your friends won't pass the Genin exam?"

"No. I'm sure they'll pass even the real Genin exam. But I'm worried about what comes after. The giant obstacles and trails some of them would face..."

Kakashi slightly narrowed his eyes at that statement. He knew Daichi was friends with Sasuke and that they would sometimes train together and he also knew from the Hokage that Daichi was aware of Naruto's connection to the Nine tails. 'Are you concerned about Sasuke and Naruto? '

The Jonin spoke. "Daichi, you can't hold their hands every step of the way. No one can. Even we as teachers have limits. There are some things in life that you have to go through on your own. All you can do is trust them and hope that they get through their trials and tribulations and come out stronger."

"Yeah... you're right sensei. Thanks." The Genin said with a small smile. The talk with Kakashi helped and he got out of his funk.

"Come on. Let's get us a C Rank mission."

—-

It was a little after 10 am. Daichi and Kakashi were making their way towards the Hokage tower. The two quickly reached their destination and were soon granted an audience with the kage.

Hiruzen looked at the two ninjas and spoke. "I have a B Rank mission that I think would be best suited for the two of you."

Kakashi glanced at his student and Daichi just shrugged his shoulders. "B rank huh. We'll take it."

Hiruzen nodded and began giving them the details. "Good. You two will be heading to the capital to meet with a man named Ryoma. He's a mediator of sorts. Someone who brokers peace between different companies. Two companies in the Land of Fire have requested his aid and he has accepted. Your mission is to protect him for the duration of the mission. You will travel with him from the capital to another destination and then once his business is concluded, safely escort him back to the capital."