Chapter 210 - C Rank: Retake the Fortress 01

It was a few days after Naruto's birthday. It had been a long time since Daichi had spent some time with his friends just enjoying the moment. But now he was back to training.

The Genin was in his designated training ground improving his control over the water chakra nature. He was gathering water particles from the air and holding them before letting it go.

[Skill Water Extraction technique's level has risen by one]

Daichi wiped the sweat off his brow as he looked at his progress. 'Hmm... Good. The volume and speed of the water gathered has increased significantly. It won't be long now. Next time I visit the dungeon I'll have to see if I can do it... If I can mimic ice release... then that opens up a whole new world of possibilities for me... Hmm.. No. It's still too soon.'

"I see you're already hard at work."

The boy looked around and saw his sensei casually leaning on a nearby tree.

Daichi nodded. "I'm getting close. Soon I'll be ready for the next step."

Kakashi's one eye slightly narrowed after hearing that. 'The next step? Creating such powerful water jutsu from the atmosphere is already considered the pinnacle. So what would he...'

At that moment the Jonin remembered what Daichi said in the Hokage's chamber. 'Ice release... He's going to try to manipulate water on a molecular level... I was able to copy the jutsu during my time in the land of Snow thanks to my Sharingan but for someone who doesn't have that advantage... Is it possible? Can he do it?'

"Are you sure something like that is even possible?" There was skepticism in the silver haired Jonin's voice.

"I believe so." Daichi knew it was possible. He remembered Kakashi copying an Ice move during a mission in the snow country and the information his system showed on Water Affinity proves that creating and mimicking Ice release was possible.

"Good luck." Kakashi said nothing more on the subject and started walking with Daichi quickly following him.

The two ninjas made their way to the Hokage tower. Just as they reached the entrance another voice called out to them.

"Kakashi! My youthful rival. You're here too."

The two man Genin team looked and saw Team Guy headed towards them.

Kakashi sighed and looked at the fellow Jonin. "Guy. Don't you usually take missions much earlier?"

"True. But today I put my team through some extra morning workouts."

The silver haired Jonin just nodded and turned back.

"Daichi. Are you here to take a mission?" Lee asked with a big grin.

Daichi looked at his friend and nodded. 'He's been training. I can tell, his chakra is much stronger... With my pills, recovery time has been reduced and thus his training time has been significantly increased.'

"Yeah. I'm hoping to get a C Rank mission." The Gamer replied.

"Cool. We're here for a C Rank too. We've done a few easy ones but now I'm looking for one with a little bit more challenge." Tenten had a grin on her face as she looked at the Genin.

The two teams made their way to the Hokage's chamber and exchanged pleasantries.

"So young Daichi, have you been training in Taijutsu?" Guy asked Kakashi's student.

"Well no actually. I'm more interested in Ninjutsu at the moment. It's my specialty. I'm currently training my Water Chakra Nature."

"I see. Are you perhaps trying to follow in my youthful rival's footsteps? He's someone who can use a wide variety of Ninjutsu." Guy said and looked at Kakashi but the silver haired Jonin was engrossed in his new book and totally ignored the green spandex wearing man.