Chapter 228 - Rasengan Variants 02

6 days had passed since Daichi reached level 58. He had been training non stop while his clones kept the dungeon ninjas at bay. But now after almost a week he decided to switch it up.

Daichi was moving at top speed atop the ocean waves. He had several enemies following him and they all attacked the young Genin but none of their jutsus met their mark.

Daichi dodged another water blast and at that moment he could see his clones several meters ahead. He could see one clone in particular holding the compact form of the Earth Rasengan in his palm. 'Excellent. They're ready.'

Daichi lured his four enemies closer to the island and then he stopped running and stood his ground. His shadow clones disappeared from their spot and as the real Daichi engaged in battle they struck. Several chakra strings tied up the limbs of the dungeon enemies and forced all of them together.

The next moment a shadow clone appeared with a glowing brown ball of energy in his right palm and thrust it towards the dungeon ninja in front of him. The shadow stood in its spot and observed the power of his jutsu while his creator was watching from a distance.

The real Daichi stood back but carefully observed everything taking place. His shadow clone disappeared into smoke a few seconds later due to the shockwave created by the jutsu but Daichi got some valuable memories from him. He kept his eyes focused on his enemies and saw the change take place.

The Earth style Rasengan slightly expanded and the effects were felt by all those close to it. The dungeon creatures started turning to stone and in just a few seconds their entire body was petrified.

[+5800 Exp.]

[+870 Exp.]

Enemies killed: [179/199]

[You have leveled up]

'Level 59. Good. But it looks like I won't be able to make it to Level 60 from this dungeon... Oh well.'

Daichi turned his attention back to the attack detonating atop the ocean surface. Only a couple seconds passed and then came the explosion of earth from the epicenter. It was much less than before due to the small size of the jutsu but it was still dangerous to be near it.

Daichi observed everything with a critical eye and after it was over he made his way to the island. He had an idea as to what made the bodies petrified. He sat down and took a few moments to catch his breath.

"So... Any thoughts?" A shadow clone came up to Daichi and asked while he started to heal him.

"I can't be completely certain since we don't have a body to examine but I believe this jutsu attacks them right down to the molecules." The real Daichi replied.

The shadow clone silently nodded its head with that assessment. He looked to where the new small mountain was formed on the ocean and sighed. 'It's too bad the dungeon ninjas vanish after they die or we could cut them open or at least see the effects of the jutsu on the human body.'

"I believe we're dealing with a variation of Earth Transmutation." The real Daichi spoke.

The clone tilted its head and thought about it for a few moments before he nodded his head as well. "You're right. I think the Earth Rasengan reshapes the minerals in and around the body and manipulates the atoms, molecules and ions. Their composition, properties, structure and behavior undergo a massive change."

The real Daichi nodded his head. "Precisely. The minerals stored in the body, mainly calcium, magnesium, phosphate and multiple others are brought forth and are used to attack the body. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body and our bones act as a calcium storage center for deposits or withdrawal. Since we don't have a body to conduct an autopsy, I can't be sure but when the Earth Rasengan makes contact with its target, I believe it extracts all the calcium from the bones before turning it into stone first. And then the rest of the body follows. Muscles, tissues, organs..."