Chapter 208 - Training Naruto

It was October 10th and Naruto was awake in his bed staring at his ceiling. He sighed as he thought about the day.

'Everyone's probably busy with their stuff. And maybe it's best if I don't just leave the apartment for today. But still, today's my birthday. Maybe gramps will come to visit...'

Feeling slightly depressed, the young blonde just stayed in bed. He clearly remembered the looks sent his way and the cruel words spoken in whispered tone by the villagers when he went out on the last Memorial day.

'I'll just stay in bed and sleep.'

Knock Knock.

Naruto's head snapped up and looked at his door.

Knock knock.

Hearing the knocking again, he quickly got out of bed and went to the door. He looked through the peephole and saw his friend waiting outside. The blonde was surprised to see Daichi at his doorstep early in the morning.

"Daichi, what are you doing here?" Naruto asked, opening the door.

"Morning to you too Naruto. Now come on. Get ready. We're going out today." Daichi smirked looking at Naruto's cartoonishly cute pajama outfit.

The blonde slightly smiled hearing that. His depressing thoughts vanished. "Wait! What about the others?"

"Yeah. I already went to everyone's home. Since today is the memorial day, they're all busy with their clan and stuff. It's just you and me." Daichi said with a shrug. "Now come on. Get moving."

Naruto excitedly nodded and went to get ready while Daichi looked around the apartment and noticed the piled up trash. 'Yeah. This will take some work.'

About 20 minutes later Naruto and Daichi were headed to their spot in the forest.

"Man, I wish the others were here too, ya know?"

"Oh I'm hurt that you don't want me here. Then maybe I'll just go home." Daichi said with mock hurt and crocodile tears.

"No No No! I didn't mean that. I was just kidding, ya know."

"Hahaha... It's always fun watching you get riled up like this."

"Why you... So what are we doing here anyway?"

The Genin smiled at his friend's question. "We're going to train."

Naruto's eyes lit up as he heard that. But they quickly lost their sparkle when he heard Daichi's next words.

"You're going to master a chakra control skill that'll help with mastering the three basic Ninjutsu."

"Aw man, Chakra control? That's not what I want. Come on. Show me some awesome jutsu. You must know a lot."

Daichi nodded his head with a smile. "I do know. But it won't help you with the lousy Chakra control you have... Now stop complaining. Do you wanna get stronger or not?"

At that question the hesitation on Naruto's face disappeared and he was eager to train and learn from his friend.

—-

Several minutes after the real Daichi and Naruto left, the shadow clones hiding outside entered his apartment. Almost an hour went by before Kiba and Shino showed and started helping Daichi.

"So what exactly did you say to Naruto? How did you get him to stay in the forest?"

At Kiba's question the Genin smirked. "I'm teaching him a chakra control technique. I figured training would keep him busy."