Chapter 235 - Quest: Heal Jin 01

"It's Jin. He's in a serious state. It's not looking good."

Daichi closed his eyes and internally groaned. 'It seems I can't wait any longer. But my samples aren't ready yet... Guess I have to take the specimens I currently have and make it work.'

The Genin opened his eyes and spoke. "How is he?"

Kensei sat down on the porch and replied. "He's in bad shape. He's coughing up blood and is too tired to even speak. Tsunade is already there and is treating him but... There is not much she can do at this point."

"I see."

The old ninja turned to his grandson. He wanted to speak but the words were stuck in his throat. Daichi saw the man's struggle and replied to the unasked question.

"I'm going to the capital with you. I need to see him. I might have a way to help."

Kensei narrowed his eyes and was silent for a few seconds. "Does it have anything to do with the small lab you had me set up near here?"

"Yeah. Come on." Daichi took his grandfather to a nearby shed in their yard and opened the door.

It was a small laboratory that Daichi had his grandfather build. It had several medical equipment and Kensei could see multiple plants in small pots on one side, sealed inside a temperature controlled shelf.

Daichi looked at the miniature shabby lab and smiled. 'Up until now this was enough but going forward this lab and its items will be insufficient. Still I'm gonna miss this place.'

After becoming a Genin Daichi and his clones had spent a lot of time here examining various materials and creating new medical pills and refining his medical ninjutsu.

Kensei looked at the small lab and was impressed. It was the first time he entered the laboratory after it was built. 'Everything is kept so neat and orderly. If I didn't know any better I would have thought the kid had some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder.'

There were several scrolls on a nearby table and Daichi opened the shelf and took all the small potted plants and sealed them into the scroll. He turned to his grandfather and spoke. "Let go Gramps. We better hurry."

Kensei nodded and two after reporting to the Hokage about their departure, soon left the village walls.

—-

It was noon by the time Daichi and Kensei had reached the Fire Capital. They made their way to Jin's villa but before Daichi took another step Kensei raised his arm and stopped the boy.

He looked at his grandson and spoke in a serious tone. "Daichi, do you have a way to cure Jin?"

The Genin was silent for a few moments and then truthfully replied. "No. I don't have a cure for him."

"What exactly is your intention here? What exactly is his chance of survival?"

The boy sighed and replied. "It's slim. I have a few ideas on how to help him but nothing concrete. I have a few theories in mind but I have to examine him first. And his chances of making out of this is... very low."

Kensei closed his eyes and let out a breath of air. He looked at his grandson and nodded in understanding. "Let's go see him."

The two met the guards outside and were soon escorted in. As the two came near the entrance they saw someone coming out. Daichi's eyes widened and a smile was on his face.

—-

"Arrh..." A man groaned in pain as a needle was inserted into his arm to take his blood.

"Please bear with it for a few more seconds." Shizune spoke as she took the man's blood sample.