Chapter 250 - Protect the Mediator 02

March 17th.

It was morning and negotiations between the two parties had already begun. Daichi and two other guards stood in the shadows while the second day negotiations were taking place.

Ryoma was sipping his tea as he looked at the two heads of companies accompanied by their managers/advisors. "I suggest that we begin this by addressing the primary concern that both sides have regarding this alliance and explore how we might resolve them for mutual benefit. Shall we?"

The two along with Ryoma discussed the disruption they've been causing to each other's business and product distribution network.

As the hours progressed Ryoma put forth an idea and the heads of the two corporations froze. There was tension in the room as the weight of years of rivalry hung in the air.

"You can't be serious. A merger. That's your proposal? That we merge our companies." The incredulity in Yamamoto's voice was mirrored on Tsuyoshi's face.

"What you're saying is impossible. Even if I were to forget what happened between our fathers I won't forget everything that happened the last few decades. So I can't accept that." Tsuyoshi replied.

The mediator chuckled as he looked at the two. "Look at that. You two can agree on something."

The two presidents weren't in a joking mood as both were sporting a stern expression.

Ryoma decided to explain his decision. "This rivalry began with your fathers. But they're both dead now and it serves no purpose to continue this feud. Your hate for each other stemmed from your fathers and I doubt I can do anything about that. But I can help your children."

"And how is that? " Yamamoto asked.

"While an alliance would make sure that your businesses aren't interrupted and help you with expanding your reach, it is not truly binding. It can be broken if someone were to put pressure on it or if someone sees an opportunity to take a massive advantage of the other. Now there are risks of course. If an alliance is formed and broken then the 3rd Minister Lord Taji would be less than pleased. Especially because your corporations are the two biggest civilian companies in the Land of Fire in resource management."

"And you think a merger will solve our problems?" Tsuyoshi slightly tilted his head and asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes. It might not solve all the problems but it will certainly help a great deal. You might not want a merger but it's in your best interest." Ryoma looked at the two and took another sip from his cup.

"What do you mean?" Yamamoto slowly leaned forward. Tsuyoshi too was waiting for the reply.

Ryoma took out two thick documents from his scroll and handed them to the two presidents. "Review that file and you'll understand."

The two presidents along with their advisors quickly flipped through the pages and their eyes widened after a few minutes of reading. "This is..."

"The growth rate and distribution control of your organizations this last decade and the projections for the next several years." Ryoma finished for them.

He leaned forward and spoke. "Right now the Satoru corporation controls 23% of the market in the northern region and the Rising Sun control 22% in the southern region and its borders. If the two of you form an alliance your production and distribution channels would expand to a little over 48%. But if you form a merger of your organizations then that increases to over 65% in the next few years. Your profits would soar and you'd be able to take over other competitors looking to take you on."