Chapter 230 - Blooming Flood

Daichi and his clones were in training ground three working hard on the final variation of the Rasengan. It had been three weeks since the boy had begun his training there. Since the jutsu had the potential to be on the higher end of destructive nature, Daichi and his clones moved inwards into the training grounds.

Daichi and his Shadow clones were close to completing the Water version of the Rasengan and after hours of grueling work they finally did it.

A clone held a small fast swirling orb of water in his palm. There was a small mist surrounding the jutsu and the clone. The sound of ocean waves could be heard all around. The Water Rasengan was a pure blue sphere of energy with fast rotating currents. Due to the Mist surrounding the jutsu and the user, a small rainbow mirage could be seen around Daichi's palm.

"How is it?" Daichi asked his clone.

"It's heavy like with Earth Nature Rasengan but not to such a huge degree. The rotation and power of the water current in the orb is beyond what I expected. It's moving at such high speeds that it seems to be still..."

The real Daichi nodded. "Alright. Time to test it out."

At that moment another shadow clone stood several meters away from them and the clone holding the Water Rasengan got ready and rushed towards him.

The first holding his position used earth chakra to increase the strength of his defense and waited. Moments later the other clone was in front of his target and slammed the Water Rasengan into the test clone.

The second the Water Style Rasengan made contact with the enemy it expanded to several meters in a spherical vortex of fast moving water currents that completely captured the enemy.

The real Daichi looked on as his clone was completely trapped and immobilized inside the huge water sphere. The next moment he saw the flesh and clothes being torn off his clone before it vanished giving him its memories.

The fast lethal spinning spherical shaped water jutsu bulged and looked as if it was about to explode. And the next second it did. Hundreds of gallons of water poured out from the sphere in all directions. The force of the water current ripped apart and destroyed the ground, trees and boulders in its path. It was as if a small dam had burst and the stored water was rushing forward wiping out everything in its path.

Daichi and his few remaining clones jumped high in the air and landed on the surging current of waves. They steadied themselves and observed the aftereffects of the jutsu. At that moment another person joined them.

Daichi turned towards the newcomer and raised an eyebrow. "When did you get here sensei?"

"A few seconds ago. Just in time to see you test out your new technique." Kakashi nonchalantly replied as he looked around. The Water style Rasengan kept creating more waves of water for several more seconds before disappearing. The entire training ground was underwater with everything near them swept away by the force of the current.

Kakashi looked around and let out a small breath of air. 'It's as if a flood rampaged through here. The power of that jutsu is incredible... So this is what a change in chakra Nature combined with the Rasengan looks like.'

[Reputation increases with Kakashi Hatake]

His attention turned to Daichi and the Jonin was silent for several seconds before he spoke. "You said you had an idea as to what the finished version of the Water style Rasengan would look like. Is this what you expected?"

Daichi nodded his head. "I knew that adding water nature to the jutsu would create something like this... But still..." Daichi looked around and sighed. "I didn't think it would be so strong."