Chapter 281 - Trouble on the Horizon

Fire Country.

A team of 10 ninjas were moving through the trees in the Land of Fire. Most of them were wearing worn out attires while a couple others had strange outfits. Each one of them looked unique with some even looking strange. The most prominent one in the group was a woman who had dark eyes, light blue hair and was wearing a green dress.

She was at the front of the group and wore a stern expression. 'He should be up ahead. If it wasn't for my Lord's orders, I wouldn't even bother with him... Still, I wonder why Lord Orochimaru made a move on his former teammate after all these years? Could it be because of the village? Well, it doesn't matter.'

At that moment someone nearby interrupted her thoughts. "Guren. Why do you think Lord Orochimaru wants us to find him now? Won't his mission in the Leaf village be in jeopardy?"

The woman identified as Guren glanced sideways and spoke in a cold tone. "Our task isn't to question his orders. You would do well to remember that."

"Yes. Of course. Forgive me." The man quickly became quiet and the group continued in silence.

They soon reached a small hill and looked down at the forest below. Guren, who was in front, made several seals and immediately several pink crystal birds began to emerge from her hand. They flew high up in the air and disappeared from everyone's view. A moment later a tall crystal in the shape of a mirror emerged out of the ground and images began to appear on it.

'So that's her long range jutsu used for spying and observing a territory. The mirror shows the images the birds see and most people can't detect the crystal creatures because of their high altitude. Evading that is not going to be easy.'

Some of the members looked at the jutsu from behind. They were studying it and trying to assess its strengths and weaknesses.

As Guren focused, soon an image of a person she disliked appeared on the screen. 'There he is.'

As she scouted the area with her special reconnaissance technique she saw something that made her lips curl upwards. 'Looks like he's not that great at his job after all. My Lord will no doubt be displeased with this... Hihihi... ohh I can't wait. Time to pay him a visit.'

—-

A lone figure with ash grey hair and glasses was slowly making his way through the small road in the dense forest. As he traveled in the direction of the Leaf village his thoughts were on Mizuki and the commotion that should be happening in the village.

'The perfect time for Lord Orochimaru to strike his target. Mizuki is an excellent sacrificial piece. With the commotion he's caused by now, the whole village would be focused on containing the threat and securing the village. Lord Orochimaru would no doubt have attacked Tsunade by now. With the information on the patrol routes he'll be able to easily avoid anyone and get to the final location. In the meantime I'll have to keep an eye on the shinobi movements in the village. I need to alert my lord if anything unexpected happens.'

The moonlight radiated through the thick foliage and Kabuto's smirking face could be visible. As he slowly made his way forward he came upon a small clearing. He kept walking but soon he slowed down.

His eyes narrowed and he suddenly stopped. His senses picked up a disturbance in the ground and the next second he jumped to the side, evading a large sharp pink spear that burst out of the ground where he had stood previously.

Kabuto's eyes widened as he looked at the structure that just tried to kill him. 'This jutsu. It's her.'

The medic spy didn't have any more time to question the situation before he was attacked again. Kabuto jumped and evaded the attack spears two more times before his ears picked up the sounds of sharp objects flying towards him.