Chapter 271 - The Forbidden Scroll Incident 02

It was night time. In a small restaurant/club, several Leaf ninjas were enjoying the food and catching up with their friends. They were sharing stories of their missions and some were even playing cards nearby. There were a couple of prominent Jonins among them as well.

"Ha! I win, Asuma. Pay up." A woman in a trench coat stood with her arms high in the air and holding a victory pose.

"Ya ya." Said the bearded Jonin and the son of the Third Hokage. He took out a small wad of cash and gave it to the woman.

"Aww... Poor baby. Don't worry. I'm sure you'll win another game... Someday. Hahahaha..."

Asuma had a twitch in his eye as he looked at the female Jonin. "Has anyone ever told you that you're a poor winner, Anko?" He said as he opened a small bottle of beer and sipped it.

"All the time." Anko remarked and she quickly counted the bills. "Well I'm off to get me some dango. Have fun making googly eyes at Kurenai when she gets here."

Asuma choked and spat out some beer, hearing that. "I-I don't make-"

"Yeah. Whatever you say pal." Anko waved her hand and exited the small restaurant.

Asuma shook his head and began hanging out with the others. Several minutes went by and suddenly a grey haired ninja rushed into the restaurant, gaining everyone's attention.

"You guys. There's a catastrophe!" The hysterical yell and the panicked face of the ninja put everyone on alert.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

"It's that boy Naruto. He stole the Forbidden Scroll." Mizuki said with the appropriate panicked tone.

"WHAT!?"

Every ninja was shocked when they heard that. Asuma stepped forward and placed a hand on the grey haired ninja's shoulder. "Are you absolutely sure about this?"

"Asuma." Mizuki instantly recognized the man. "Yes. I'm telling the truth. A few people saw him leaving the tower with a large scroll. You should head to the Hokage tower immediately."

"Asuma. If that brat uses the scroll and the seal comes undone..." One of the ninjas looked at the bearded Jonin with terror on his face.

"We need to find that brat quickly. Before he causes any damage." Another ninja spoke up.

"Yes but first, we need to see the Hokage. Find out what is going on. I'm sure he's already aware of the matter. We need more information."

Asuma said and the rest of the ninjas nodded in agreement. They immediately made their way to the tower and once everyone left, a devious smile formed on Mizuki's face. 'Yes that's right. I've spread the news to a few groups. Now in a short time everyone will know what Naruto did. There's no stopping this now. Time to see one more person.'

—-

Iruka was in his home cooking dinner. He hummed a happy tune and smiled as he cooked his food. 'He finally passed the graduation. I just hope he passes the Jonin's test too... Good luck Naruto. I'm rooting for you.'

Iruka leaned forward and took a deep breath of air. "Aahh... That smells delicious. Those cooking lessons really paid off." The Chunin turned off the flames and was about to plate his food when suddenly loud banging came from his front door.

'What the hell?' "I'm coming. I'm coming." Iruka quickly opened the door and saw Mizuki in a panic. "Mizuki? What's wrong?"

"It's terrible Iruka sensei. You need to get to Lord Hokage."