Chapter 220 - Battle on the High Seas 04

The team of 3 Genin and one shadow clone were quickly making their way to the warship.

"Wow. I can't believe how big this ship is." Lee said as the team came close to the sea vessel.

"Yeah. And that cannon in the front. A weapon like that could do some serious damage." Tenten looked at the giant cannon and spoke.

"Concentrate you two. We're here. And they have several people waiting for us on board." Neji used his Byakugan and saw that their approach had already been detected.

Daichi's shadow clone smirked as he heard that. "Well then let's not disappoint them."

The Genins quickly launched themselves onto the side of the ship and made their way up. They saw over a dozen men with weapons and malicious grins waiting for them.

But among them was one with a menacing aura. The middle aged man had long grey hair, striking blue eyes, a crow tattoo under the right eye, sharp jawline and light skin. He was wearing a dark blue jacket, black pants and shoes and had a headband with the symbol of the Mist village crossed off in the middle.

Daichi upon seeing the man knew he was stronger than your average ninja. He immediately used 'observe' skill.

[LV.64] [Maki Reijiro]

Age: 51

HP: 7452 CP: 11644

Affiliation: Gladiator pirates.

[Maki Reijiro was a former ninja from the Hidden Mist village. He is a ninja with above average talents who became a Chunin during the 3rd world war. His unique features are his high affinity towards Water chakra nature and higher than average chakra reserves. He is also a talented shipwright due to his father. Almost a year ago he was forced to take the blame for a crime he didn't commit under the orders of his Kage and had to flee the village. Before the Hunter ninjas of the village could kill him he was saved by the Lightning Twins and he has been with them since. He no longer cares about anyone other than a few certain people in his crew. He has gotten old and his fighting skills have diminished. To make up for his lacking strength he uses special items. He is wearing a Rare Rank armor and wielding the Special rank item, the Frost Sword. Both, made by Katsura Sadoshi, another member of the crew.

STR - 152

AGI - 130

INT - 55

The physical stats maybe subjected to change if chakra or technique is applied. ]

Daichi internally sighed as he saw the info displayed in the blue box. 'Another guy used and discarded by the village. It's no wonder Kisame left that village and joined Obito. I kinda feel bad for the guy but I've already decided not to show mercy to my enemies.'

Daichi paid close attention to the stat and level of his enemy. 'Even though this guy and Akamine were of the same shinobi rank their level and skills are vastly different. Even if he's not in his prime he's a lot stronger than that guy Akamine... His chakra level and stats are far higher... And what's this? Frost Sword?... Is that what I think it is?'

Daichi looked at the man and the most noticeable item in his possession was the sword he was holding in his right arm. The sword was more like a katana. The blade was deep blue and shining in an almost ethereal manner. The hilt and guard were made of special darkened steel like material. The blade of the weapon was emitting a light blue mist.

'Observe'

[Frost Sword] [Special Item: Rank A]

[The Frost Sword is a Special Ranked item created by Katsura Sadoshi. It is his greatest creation till date. This weapon is created by studying the Kekkei Genkai genetics of a member of the Yuki clan and the DNA is extracted and used in creating this sword. This sword can freeze water, create and launch massive waves of ice and more. Only someone with higher than average chakra reserves and one with high affinity to Water can use this sword. This is a melee weapon that can shoot ice projectiles and can be used both defensively and offensively.