Chapter 204 - Dungeons and Kages

It was evening when Daichi and his superior reached the village. Both ninjas were in front of the Hokage and finished their debriefing of the mission.

"Daichi, there were several instances where things could have gone beyond your control but thankfully none of them happened and everything worked out well in the end. That's good. But be more careful next time and let your Jonin in on your plans, yes?"

"Yes. Lord Hokage." Daichi replied with a small bow.

"Cheer up young Daichi. You completed the mission successfully and the Minister is satisfied with the results. That's a win in my book." Hiruzen had a smile as he looked at the Genin. 'Sending him to Tsunade was a brilliant idea.'

"You did good work Daichi. You completed your first B Rank mission almost flawlessly. Not many Genin can say that." The old kage praised the boy.

"Thank you Lord Hokage." Daichi gave a small bow and replied.

"Have you decided what you want to request from the Fire Daimyo?"

Daichi was silent for a moment and then answered. "I have a few things in mind but I haven't made any decisions."

Hiruzen nodded and then spoke in a serious tone. "Fair warning Daichi. Lord Ryuga is not a simple man. Be very careful when you deal with him. And think very carefully before you make your decision." Hiruzen knew what kind of a man the Fire Daimyo was. He didn't want Daichi to fall into his palms.

The Genin took the warning seriously and silently nodded. He was dismissed shortly after and headed straight home. Daichi quickly arrived at his house and saw Kensei sitting on the porch.

"Hey Gramps. Getting bored?"

"I suppose. It has been dull here without you to entertain me." Kensei replied with a small laugh. "I thought your mission would take longer?"

"No. It was just to heal someone. The Minister's nephew."

Kensei's eyes narrowed as he heard that. "You had contact with members of the Royal court?"

Daichi nodded. He looked at the serious expression on Kensei's face and frowned.

"Daichi, tell me everything about your mission?"

"What's wrong, Gramps?"

The old ninja sighed and spoke. "There is a power struggle going on in the capital. Just like one that's going on in the shadows here in the village. You need to be careful who you ally with."

Daichi nodded and recapped the whole mission. After hearing everything Kensei sat back and just let out a deep breath of air. "Lord Taji is a reasonable man. And he has honor. Having him as an ally is certainly a good thing. But the problem is, you're now considered as a threat to those looking to bring him down. You need to be careful if you ever go to the capital. They won't attack you outright or anything but you should be vigilant."

The young Gamer ninja nodded his head. 'I need to get stronger. It's time to begin the Academy Dungeon. I've been putting it off for too long.'

—-

The Hokage gave Daichi a few days off to rest and recuperate after the mission. 'The Academy dungeon is different from the ones I've completed so far.' Daichi recalled the information about the special dungeon.

[Location dungeon: Player will have to go to the dungeon specific locations to access them. These are long term dungeons with strong and weak opponents. Once the dungeon is activated it will remain active for 1 year before disappearing. Players can enter and exit the dungeon anytime during the active period. Exiting the dungeon is impossible when in enemy sight. Players can stay inside the dungeon for up to 24 hours(Dungeon time), at a time. Once exited, the dungeon will have a cooldown of 3 hours in real world time. Real world time and Dungeon time is - 01:06 ratio. Whatever happens in the dungeon will not affect the real world.]