Chapter 275 - Bloodline Awakening.

Hokage Tower.

Hiruzen was tense as he watched the events happen in the East Canyons. He changed the chakra flow and images changed to the streets of the village and then the outskirts.

'With many Jonins and Chunins out on missions, it's more difficult and time-consuming to track down and subdue the prisoners. The ones here are helping secure the main locations and searching for more explosives but they should be done soon. Still, with Genma caught up in a battle, Iruka and the kids won't have anyone to back them up. What a problematic turn of events.'

The old kage kept an eye on the surroundings of his village with the long range jutsu. It was at this moment he saw 4 ninjas wearing Leaf Chunin gear moving away from the village. The kage immediately recognized the spy from the Stone village and realized that the team of four must be disguised prisoners.

'If they successfully cross the border and news gets out of the commotion here then Onoki and Ai would no doubt be tempted to probe us... No. Things haven't spiraled out of control yet. Anko's patrol unit is roaming nearby. They'll soon intercept them...'

Hiruzen sighed and turned his attention back to Naruto and his group. He saw that their battle had already started. 'They're surrounded. I didn't think Mizuki would use such a clever tactic... Iruka, Naruto, Shikamaru... Just hold on for a few minutes.'

—-

East Canyons.

Shikamaru looked at the four and several strategies were running through his mind. 'Our goal should be to escape. Not to fight them head on. If we can create chaos then we'll have a chance to slip through...'

The young Nara recalled the Multi shadow clone jutsu Naruto used earlier and his eyes widened as he recalled a strategy Daichi once told them. 'That plan just might work. If he can create enough clones then we might be able to escape.'

Shikamaru looked at his friends standing nearby and hoped that they would remember the code words Daichi had taught them. 'The moment I open my mouth those Chunins might attack. If I tell the plan they'll hear and it won't help us. I have no choice. I just hope Naruto remembers.'

Shikamaru remembered the day they came up with that plan.

Flashback.

Daichi, Naruto, Shikamaru and the rest of his friends were in the forest near the academy just playing around. It was a couple days after Daichi saved Naruto from Hidden waterfall village spies in the back hills.

"I still can't believe that trick came in handy." Sakura said as she looked at Daichi.

"Yeah. We should have more plans and codes for stuff like that. Coming up with it actually sounds like fun." Ino chimed in as well.

Daichi chuckled and then gave them a scenario. "Alright. Here's a hypothetical situation. What if your team is trapped by enemy ninjas while you have to protect someone important or guard an important secret document?"

"We can fight!" Came the answer from Naruto and Kiba.

Daichi shook his head and spoke. "They're stronger and more experienced. Moreover you have important information with you and your only choice is to escape. What would you do?"

"Create a distraction." Shino answered as he sat under a tree and looked at the insect crawling in his fingertips.

"Too many unknown variables." Shikamaru said as he looked at the sky. He turned his attention to Daichi and spoke. "Your hypothetical situation doesn't count for the strength of our team, the enemy team, their number, the location and the value of the information we have. There are too many unknown variables..."