Chapter 252 - Capturing Root Ninjas

Tao and Enji were tense as they looked at the Genin standing nonchalantly in front of them. The older Root ninja remembered the order that was given by their superior. 'We weren't supposed to be discovered. All of us were given orders to operate with absolute secrecy. If we're captured, it would bring trouble to Lord Danzo.'

Daichi had a smile as he looked at the two. "That's a cute pet bird you have. Mind if I keep him? Don't worry. I'll make sure to take good care of him while you two are in a deep dark hole somewhere."

The two Root ninjas kept an emotionless face as they heard the Genin's mild threat. Mind games of such level wouldn't affect them.

Tao/Future Sai had his hands on his tanto and was tense. 'It's a good thing we don't have any identifiable objects on us. For all this Genin knows we are two enemy shinobi trying to kill their client. Still... We need to leave. Based on the information we have, Daichi Hekima is already much stronger than the average Chunin. There is only one possible path to escape.'

Tao and Enji glanced at each other from the corner of their eyes. A silent communication passed between the two.

Daichi noticed the silent exchange and his smile vanished. 'They're about to make their move. But you two won't escape me.'

The three were in a stand-off but a second later Tao swiftly threw three smoke bombs a few feet in front of him while Enji threw several kunai aimed at Daichi. The small balls exploded and thick green smoke covered the area in between Daichi and the two other ninjas. A fraction of a second after the smoke bomb exploded several kunais came out of the smoke speeding in Daichi's direction.

The older Root ninja threw the kunais in a way that forced Daichi to leap backwards and up to a tree branch. The next second two ink lion beasts burst out of the ground near the tree Daichi was standing on and headed straight for the Genin with their jaws wide open. He easily evaded their attacks and destroyed them in seconds.

Despite being forced backwards Daichi wasn't distracted from his targets. He had his chakra focused on the two Root ninjas and sensed them escaping higher into the air. He jumped high up and saw a black and white bird carrying the two ninjas getting further and further away from his position. The gamer ninja stood atop the large tree and his eyes narrowed as he gazed at the escaping ninjas.

Right then as if time was reversing, the events started playing backwards faster and faster and in less than a second Daichi was standing in front of the two Root ninjas. They were still glancing at each other from the corner of their eyes trying to decide on their next move.

From Daichi's perspective even a second was several minutes long. 'Brain Augmentation plus Hypercognition skill in conjunction with Parallel Processing. One hell of an OP combo.'

As a single second passed in the real world Daichi's mind was going through several simulations of his battle with the two ninjas. Daichi's brain created these mental simulations based on the information acquired from Observe, their body and muscle structure, their weapon pouch and its position on their body and the environment. His mind also took the information he had on Sai from the past life and used what he knew as reference. After multiple variations Daichi finally came to the most likely strategy the duo was going to try.

'The last version is the most likely one they would use.'

The Genin had multiple thoughts running through his mind. 'I could let them escape without making it look like I let them. If I capture these two, then I'd have to take them back to Kakashi and the Hokage would have solid proof of Root's activities by the end of this mission. It will definitely create a conflict with Danzo and that one eyed geezer could do something drastic. Desperate people like him might try stupid things. Not to mention Naruto's graduation is in a couple days. All this mess...'