Chapter 243 - Everyone has an Agenda 01

Jan 23rd: Sound Village.

In an underground secret research lab one of the most dangerous and intelligent ninja of the world was conducting inhuman experiments.

Orochimaru stood in a small circular room and in front of him was a table with a special scroll on it. The scroll had special seals meant for testing various medical experiments and Orochimaru was in the middle of his latest project. He took a test tube filled with a green liquid and slowly brought it above the special scroll.

He tilted the test tube just enough for one drop of liquid to fall into the middle of the seal. The black sealing ink lit up blue for a couple seconds and a few moments later the green liquid turned purple. Orochimaru narrowed his eyes as he saw the results of his tests.

'Hmm.. I'm getting close. But without a viable specimen I can't go any further quickly and can only make a few more adjustments. I was right in my assumption. I need to see the effects of this on a live subject to get the final unlocking data.'

The Snake Sannin turned his attention to another table nearby. On it was a man securely strapped and unconscious, completely covered in seals save for a few areas near his chest. Orochimaru emptied the contents of the test tube into a syringe and injected the green liquid above the man's heart.

The Sannin took a couple steps back and looked on with a stoic gaze at what happened next.

Seconds after the green liquid was injected, the man groaned in his sleep. He struggled in his unconscious state and pulled on the restraint. He looked as if he was in agony but he never once opened his eyes. About a minute later his struggles stopped and he fell back on to the cold metal table, his body completely still.

Orochimaru stepped forward and removed some of the seals and frowned. 'So even after diluting, refining and reducing the power of his cells they still caused such damage. But even though he's dead his physical state is in a much better condition than the previous ones. A few more tests and I'll have refined the serum and then I'll be able to move on to my true target.'

Orochimaru took several samples from the deceased man and made some notes on the progress of his new obsession. He then secured them in a scroll and left the room.

Outside, one of his loyal subordinates was waiting for him. He bowed as he saw his master come out of the testing chamber.

"Dispose of him and bring me a new subject." Orochimaru gave the order without even glancing at the man.

"Yes my Lord." The servant answered, still keeping his head bowed. Before Orochimaru left his sight the loyal servant quickly spoke.

"My Lord, a message has come from one of the spies in the Land of Fire." The man raised his head and presented a scroll to the Sannin.

Orochimaru was curious to find out what it was about and so he quickly took the scroll and read through the contents. A malicious grin formed on his face and it widened as he kept reading the contents.

"Kukuku... Fascinating. So he plans to make a move huh... Hmm... This could work in my favor."

'The odds of his plan succeeding are very slim. But this is an excellent opportunity for me. Sensei will be busy with the aftermath and will be trying to clean up the mess. I can go after my target at that time.'

He looked at his subordinate and spoke. "Tell Nam to make contact with that man and arrange a meeting between the two."

"Yes my Lord." The servant bowed and quickly left.