Chapter 216 - A Plan of Attack

The Copycat ninja nodded his head as he listened to his friend. "So that's what happened." Suddenly something Guy said struck his mind. He turned serious and glanced at the other Jonin.

"Wait, the Lightning Twins that pirate captain mentioned. You don't think it's them, do you?"

Guy's smile vanished and he too sported a grim expression. The man nodded his head to Kakashi's question. "Unfortunately, I do. Nobody else has that title. It's the other reason that I requested your help."

Kakashi sighed and stared at the man. "Guy, you realize that this mission just went from a C Rank to an A Rank difficulty, right?"

"Yes. I'm well aware of the risks. But I intend to finish it my friend." The determination in Might Guy's voice was obvious to everyone.

At that time Daichi raised his hand. "Um... Yeah. For those of us not in the loop. Who are the Lightning Twins?"

Kakashi let out a small breath of air and spoke. "They are two rogue Jonin ninjas from the Hidden Cloud village. As their name suggests they are indeed twins and they're really talented in lightning jutsu. Rumor has it that they killed some important dignitaries attending the village and then fled. They each have a bounty of 18 million on their heads."

"Wait! Jonin?! You're telling us we have to go up against two Jonin?" Tenten was slightly scared at the prospect of fighting Jonin level ninjas so early in her career.

Guy smiled as he looked at his student. "You won't be fighting any Jonin. We'll be the ones to battle them. You can leave it to us Tenten." He placed a hand on Tenten's head and reassured her.

"I don't think it's going to be as easy as you said Guy sensei." Daichi spoke and everyone turned to him.

"Why do you think that Daichi?" Guy was genuinely curious as to the boy's answer.

"I sent a shadow clone to do a check up on that pirate you captured. He has just a little above Genin reserves of chakra. But from what you told us is that he was able to make you fight him somewhat seriously. Granted, you were in a really weakened state but still... It didn't make sense. So I checked the pieces of Armor you brought and what was left on him. That Armor isn't an ordinary one. Based on my examination and the few tests I've done, I've come to the conclusion that it reduces the physical damage inflicted on the wearer by a certain margin. It takes a small portion of chakra from the user and increases the defense and perhaps even augments the wearer's speed. I assume that's the secret of his strength."

"So that's how he did it! I see now." Guy was surprised and shook his head in understanding. "An Armor like that? The shinobi villages would kill to have that in their possession. Where did someone like him get it?"

"Probably stolen from a very good blacksmith or weapons maker. Or the pirates have someone like that working for them." Daichi concluded.

While Guy was focused on what Daichi said, Kakashi was concerned about the part his student didn't say. "If this armor can make someone of Genin level fight against a Jonin, then what kind of augmentation will it give to a Jonin. We don't know if this was the only armor or if every captain has one. If that's the case, then you're right. This battle will be far more difficult than we anticipated."

Guy sobered up at that thought. He looked at his students and internally frowned. 'They're just fresh Genin. They're not ready for this. This mission has become so complicated... And it's partially due to my mistakes...'

"Sensei, we can't abandon the mission. We've come this far. We'll face whatever adversities along the way and we'll prevail. We won't fail you sensei." Lee spoke with fire in his eyes. He knew what his teacher was thinking. Lee knew his sensei was not worried about fighting rogue Jonin ninjas but was worried about them.