Chapter 221 - Battle on the High Seas 05(Final)

A long 8k word chapter. Take your time and enjoy.

—--------

The large cannon from the Dark Amphibian fired and the flaming ball was fast approaching Ishido's ship.

A short while ago.

As the Genins left the area, Kakashi and Mazui stood opposite each other with killing intent filling the air.

"I've heard of your exploits during the 3rd war and after. You have quite the reputation Kakashi of the Sharingan. But that won't save you from me." Mazui spoke. He didn't focus on Kakashi's Sharingan to not fall prey to a Genjutsu.

"A lot of people who faced me thought that. But I'm still here." The Leaf Jonin tensed his muscles and got ready.

"Not for long." The next second the rogue Cloud ninja was in front of Kakashi with a lightning fast punch aimed at the heart.

The Sharingan ninja blocked and retaliated with a kick which Mazui easily blocked. And thus their Taijutsu battle atop the ocean began. Their movements were both fast, deadly and graceful as they dodged or blocked their enemy's strikes.

Kakashi could sense that his opponent had a strong physique. Mazui on the other hand noted Kakashi's swift reaction time and reflexes.

The two ninjas were only testing the waters but soon they got serious. The speed behind their blows started increasing and the waves around them slowly became agitated. Mazui quickly took out a kunai and tried to slash Kakashi while the man jumped back and dodged. He threw several shuriken at Mazui but all of them missed their mark as the enemy evaded to the side.

The two ninjas stood a couple meters apart. They could sense the battle raging between Might Guy and Bozui a short distance away but they were more focused on their own.

Kakashi made the first move as he speedily threw two kunai with paper bombs attached to them. The two sharp weapons flew towards Mazui who jumped back and just as they were in front of the ninja, Kakashi made a seal.

BOOM!BOOM!

The two paper bombs exploded in front of Mazui but the missing ninja didn't take much damage. He landed on the water safely but the next second a pair of arms emerged from the ocean and immediately dragged him down beneath the waves.

Kakashi held Mazui in a choke hold underwater and stabbed his spine with his knife. The next moment Mazui turned into Lightning and electrocuted the Leaf Jonin but it turned out to be a water clone.

A short distance away Kakashi narrowed his eyes at what had just happened. 'He created and substituted with a lightning clone in that split second after the explosion. His skills are certainly no joke. I may have to use that jutsu to end this quickly.'

He felt a fast incoming chakra and immediately moved away from his position. The next moment a powerful blow was struck where Kakashi previously was. The waves were blown away and it took a few seconds for the ocean to calm down.

Seeing his prey dodge and gain distance, Mazui stood up, looked at the Leaf ninja and smirked.

Kakashi let out a deep breath of air and spoke. "You deliberately didn't get away from the paper bombs. You wanted me to take you by surprise so you could get an opening on me."

Mazui grinned. "It was a simple tactic. I didn't think it would work on you anyways. So let's stop wasting time and get serious." Saying those words Mazui made a few seals and the next second chakra exploded from his body and turned into Lightning.