Chapter 263 - Shikamaru's Plan 02

Fire Capital.

Kakashi and Daichi were escorting their client through the streets of the capital. It wasn't long before they reached a large mansion.

Daichi immediately recognized the building. "This is Lord Taji's home."

"Lord Taji. Hmm... So this is the home of the Minister in charge of overseeing businesses huh. I assume he wants a report." Kakashi had never met the man but he had heard of him.

Ryoma nodded. "Indeed. After everything that has happened he wanted me to give him an update as soon as I returned. I'm sure he would also want to speak with you two. And I have a feeling he'd be delighted to see you again Daichi."

The Jonin and Genin nodded. "I'm also somewhat curious about the prisoner that was taken?" Kakashi said as he put his book back in his pouch.

The guards standing in front of the gates immediately recognized Daichi and Ryoma 'The Dealmaker'. Soon the two were escorted inside for a meeting with the minister.

Within a few minutes the 3rd minister of the Fire Capital came to greet them. The two ninjas and their client bowed and straightened.

Lord Taji smiled as he looked at the three. "Welcome. I take it, the journey back was pleasant?"

"Yes my Lord. After dealing with the small interruption at the Inn, everything proceeded smoothly." Ryoma replied.

"Wonderful! So what was their response?" Taji asked his man.

"They agreed to cease all hostilities and agreed for an alliance. They'll be here next week. A merger between the two is in the works but it will only move forward if their children agree. I'll have a report within the day sir."

"Good." Lord Taji smiled and turned his attention to the two ninjas. "Kakashi Hatake. I've heard quite a lot about you. You have an impressive reputation."

"Thank you Lord Taji." The Jonin smiled and gave a small nod.

The minister turned his attention to the Genin and his smile widened as he looked at the boy. "Hello Daichi. How have you been?"

"Very well sir. Thank you... How is your nephew, Leorio?"

"He's doing well. It was a difficult few months for him emotionally after that whole ordeal, but he's now back to his old self." The minister replied joyfully.

"I'm glad to hear that."

"You also protected my friend here and found the spy hidden amongst them. Thank you. Your skills are very impressive... But there is something I wanted to ask. Why did you let the attackers get away? Was it really to get information on Yuta Genjira?"

Taji asked the question that Kakashi and Daichi were expecting. "I didn't know if there were any other threats aside from Yuta present at that meeting. Capturing and interrogating them would have taken time and those ninjas had suicide jutsus as contingences. They were just hired hands and it would have been more trouble than it was worth and we wouldn't have found the evidence needed in time. So we made a deal with them. Information in exchange for freedom. Our priority was to protect the client and this felt like the easiest way."

The minister listened and nodded. "I see... Hm... You're right. I don't care about the methods but the results. And they speak for themselves. We now have two of the biggest resource corporations working together and have evidence against another conducting illegal operations. Well done."

"Thank you." The Genin replied with a short respectful bow.

"Lord Taji, has Yuta given you anything?" Ryoma asked.