Chapter 224 - Abandoned Lab & Hidden Agendas

As they made the decision, Daichi looked at the quest completion notifications that appeared when he escorted the islanders back home.

[Quest 'Back up Team Guy' Completed]

.

[Rewards]

[50000 Exp.]

[7500 Exp.]

[Weapon Blueprints are in your inventory.]

[Reputation increases with Leaf Ninjas and citizens of the Land of Sea.]

.

[You have leveled up.]

'Good. Level 55 and it's already halfway there. I need to train in the dungeon and increase my power when I get home... Hmm... Weapon blueprints? Since they're in my inventory I'll check them out after I get home.'

Just as the Leaf ninjas were about to take off a villager came near them.

"Excuse me. I couldn't help but overhear that you're all going to the Demon island."

"Yes. There is something we want to investigate on that Island." Kakashi replied but didn't elaborate further.

"Please don't. If you go to that Island, you'll be taken away by the demon as well. I don't want to see our saviors disappearing at the hands of the demon." The villager pleaded with the ninjas.

While Daichi knew what the man was talking about, others were confused.

"Demon?" Tenten and Lee looked at each other but neither of them had heard anything about the demon.

Kakashi slightly narrowed his eyes but quickly put a disarming smile on his face. "Can you tell us more about this demon?"

Guy was silent and he didn't interrupt his friend. The man knew the more information they had, the better.

The villager was silent for a few seconds and he then told them about the legend of the mysterious demon that haunted demon island.

"This is a story that's been passed down for generations by fishermen. The Legend of demon island. At the beginning the waters of demon island were rich in fish but the hidden reefs made it dangerous for boats. Most people were weary and stayed away from that island. Around 10 years ago the fish in the ocean started disappearing. But there were fish near the demon island. So in order to make a living many people went near that Island. But they all went missing. Since then there have been many disappearances around that island. Even the ones who were sent to search for the missing were gone. All of them disappeared without a trace."

"Wait! They all just disappeared?"

The villager nodded at Tenten.

"But how can that be? What could have happened to those people?" Lee crossed his arms and thought about the story but he didn't have an answer.

But Kakashi and Might Guy, hearing the story about the demon and the disappearance of people, glanced at each other. They had an idea as to what may have happened.

Neji noticed the silent communication between the two Jonin. He looked at Daichi and saw that the boy wasn't surprised about the whole thing as well. 'They all know something.'

"Now no one will go to that Island for fear of being taken away by the demon. So please, I beg of you. Do not go."

Kakashi gave the villager a gentle smile. "It seems we have no choice. We're not going into that island. It's better to stay safe and be cautious."