Chapter 233 - A Winter Holiday

[You have used your first Ice nature jutsu.]

[You have acquired the skill Ice Affinity.]

The two notifications brought a smile to Daichi's face. He wanted to check out the details of his new skill but before he could Kakashi spoke.

"It seems your method of using Fire Nature to create ice and then use it for your Ice techniques work..."

"Yeah... Hey, since you had your Sharingan on the jutsu I just used, what can you tell me about it?" Daichi asked his teacher.

"Well the truth is even though you've mimicked the Yuki clan's ability, the strength and efficiency of your Ice style is far from the real thing. I saw you use a lot more chakra than what you've used for your other nature jutsu but not to the same effect. You expended more energy but the Ice needles you created were a lot weaker than they should be. Do you know why?" The Jonin asked his student.

Daichi nodded his head. "It's the first time I'm using this technique and because I didn't add Wind chakra nature to create and strengthen the ice."

"Precisely. Right now what you have is a copy. It is nowhere near as strong as the original... But don't let that bring you down. There aren't many people who could do what you did. And you've only just begun." Kakashi knew that even though Daichi's Ice style was weak at the moment, it would only get stronger.

The Genin was well aware of that. 'Right now this skill should be at level 1. With time I'll get it to max and then... Oh boy... It will be one hell of an ace up my sleeve'

"Since our training with Fire Nature is completed, are you going to try it with Wind Nature next?"

Daichi fell silent and let out a deep breath of air. He recalled the last several weeks and thought about what to do. 'I've been going at it hard with little rest for almost two months now. One month in the dungeon and one here. It's better I take some time off and relax.'

He looked at his sensei and spoke. "I will but not right now. I've been training hard non-stop and I think it's time I take a small break."

The Jonin smiled hearing that. "Good. I was hoping you'd say that. Training is good but without proper rest for the body and mind we will only hinder ourselves. There won't be any missions till the end of this month. So have fun." With that Kakashi used body flicker and left the training ground.

Daichi looked at himself and saw that he was covered in mud and dirt. 'Man, I really need a shower.'

He dove into the lake and swam around for a few minutes. He felt his body relax and soon got out of the water. 'Time to check out my new skill.'

The Genin opened the skill list and looked at the details of the new skill as he put on new clothes.

[Ice affinity - (Active/Passive)(LV. 01): Ice Release is a combination nature transformation of Wind and Water. It is commonly affiliated with Dog hand-seal. Most Ice jutsus are far stronger than Water jutsu or Wind jutsu that use the same amount of chakra. ]

[Note: You have created Ice without the use of Wind chakra nature and thus your jutsu will be weaker than normal. There will also be a level restriction. Users cannot level up this skill beyond LV. 25 until the needed conditions are met. Users can remove this restriction with two methods.

The user has learned to combine Wind and Water chakra natures to create Ice or must gain absolute mastery of Water Nature on all its aspects.]

[Effects: ]

[1% Power Increase in Ice attack jutsu.]

[1% Defense Increase in Ice defense jutsu.]