Chapter 215 - Team Guy's Trap and Crisis

The Taijutsu master recalled the events of the day.

Guy and his students were walking through the streets of Mother Island. They noticed that the people looked at them with suspicion, fear and even slight anger. The distrust in the air was apparent to the Leaf Ninjas.

Guy looked at the people of the island and his smile dimmed. 'What's going on? It's like they have an inherent distrust towards outsiders.'

The Jonin and his students walked up to a random passerby to ask some questions. "Hello sir. We are with the Leaf village. I'm wondering if I could ask you some questio-"

"We don't need your help. Just leave." The man spoke in a harsh tone and left.

"That was most disrespectful." Lee said as he looked at the man's back.

"Yeah. What's his problem? We're here to help!" Tenten spoke with slight anger in her voice.

Despite the anger his students felt, Guy was calm. 'Something happened here. But what? Does it have anything to do with my mission or is it something else. I need to find out.'

The four ninjas tried to find more information but none of the people would help them or even talk to them. Many even urged them to leave before the night. After a couple hours their luck turned.

'This is definitely strange. They are the ones who hired us and yet they aren't willing to spare a second for us?'

As Guy and his students were sitting under a tree thinking about how to proceed with their mission, a young man in his twenties walked up to them.

"I heard you're looking for information. I'll help ya."

Guy perked up as soon as he heard that. "Yes. Finally! Someone who can help us."

"You're Leaf ninjas right. That means you're strong, ya!?"

At that, Guy gave the man a bright smile, a thumbs up and did a nice Guy pose. "Friend, you are looking at the Mighty Green Beast of the Leaf village. There is no one better to help you."

"Yes. Guy sensei is the best. He is one of the strongest ninjas in the Leaf village." Lee praised his teacher.

The man nodded and smiled. "My name is Ishido Tatsuma. Come with me. We'll talk somewhere else."

The man led the team to the coast of the island where a medium sized ship was docked.

"I heard you're looking for information on the pirates that are roaming these waters."

Guy nodded. "Yes. But no one is willing to help us."

"There is a reason for that." Ishido looked down in sadness and his fists clenched in anger as he thought about their situation. He looked at the ninjas and began to explain the situation on that Island.

"A month ago several pirates invaded our Island. They took several family members hostage and took them to their ships. They wanted us to excavate some minerals from the mines in the heart of this island. Those bastards took people from the surrounding islands too. They were strong. We were told that if we contacted anyone outside for help or if we disobeyed they'd kill our families. The reason the people here won't talk to you is because they're scared."

Guy and his team had a somber expression as they heard the truth of the situation. "If they are in such danger then why are you telling this?" The green spandex wearing Jonin asked the man.

"Because I know that those pirates won't keep their word. They'll kill us when we are of no more use to them. I've seen people like them. They're going to kill everyone after they get what they want. But the people here don't believe that. They have hope. So they won't disobey or rebel against them."