Chapter 287 - Interrogating Mizuki 02

Hiruzen watched Ibiki, Inoichi and Daichi leave the room with a heavy heart and the old leader was left to his thoughts.

'I'm sure Ibiki will get whatever information Mizuki has in his head but it might take time. This is also an opportunity to see what Daichi would do in situations like this.'

Hiruzen clenched his fists in anger as he thought about the whole incident. 'Orochimaru took precautions. That means he's planning something big. Whatever the reason he took Tsunade for... Ultimately it wouldn't be good for the village... If Kabuto was here I could have taken him in and interrogated him but now... I need to find them as quickly as possible. I'll have to use all the classified information Deer compiled over the years on Kabuto and use them... But that won't be enough...'

Genma noticed the frown on Hiruzen's face and quickly recognized his expression. 'I know that face. He's between annoyed and angry...'

The old kage turned to his personal guard and spoke. "Genma. Get me Danzo, Koharu and Homura. Tell them to come to my office immediately."

"Yes sir." Genma nodded and immediately left the room.

Hiruzen thought about Danzo and his mood worsened. 'Of all the times... No. I need whatever information he has. He's been in contact with that traitor and there is no chance Danzo would trust Orochimaru. So he must have some damaging information on him...'

Hiruzen bit his thumb and went through the seals for the summoning jutsu. He slammed his palm into the ground and a small monkey appeared in a puff of smoke.

"I need you to track Jiraiya and find him. Tell him to get back to the village as soon as possible. Tsunade and Shizune were abducted by Orochimaru. Relay this message." Hiruzen spoke as he looked down at his small summon.

"Yes, master Hiruzen." The small monkey wearing a red vest and a bandanna nodded and disappeared.

Hiruzen sighed and looked out the window. Even though the village looked calm he knew things were about to get chaotic. The old kage thought about something and made up his mind. He got up from his chair and headed for the interrogation room.

—-

6:40 am. Interrogation Department.

Mizuki was already secured in his cell and because of the damage his body has undergone due to Orochimaru's curse seal the man didn't even have the energy to resist.

Daichi looked at the tied up chunin and his eyes slightly narrowed. 'All this mess happening on the same night. He must know something. And I doubt Mizuki had any powerful mental defenses in canon. So that means he was prepared for the possibility of capture. Even though it was low... Or was it his idea... I need to know everything... This will also give me the answer to that question as well.'

Daichi didn't speak a word as he opened the door and entered the interrogation room. Ibiki and Inoichi stood outside and looked at the Genin and the traitor Chunin with stoic expressions. At that moment they sensed Hiruzen coming and soon the kage stood near them. None of them spoke as they looked through the mirror.

Inside the room Daichi stood near the door and looked at the prisoner. 'He doesn't have any energy. He can't answer my questions like this even if he wanted to.'

Daichi walked up to Mizuki and placed his hands on the man's chest. In a second Daichi's palms began to glow green and in moments Mizuki felt chakra rushing to his body. Daichi was giving energy to Mizuki but he was also careful analyzing his condition. 'Most of his nerves are destroyed. He's suffered serious damage. He's in a worse state than last night. So much so that he can't feel any sensations. His condition is almost similar to Junichiro. Right now Mizuki can't feel that pain and any stress on his body could induce cardiac arrest... So this is why Ibiki is stuck... I see now...'