Chapter 240 - The Third Prince

[Reputation slightly decreases with Kensei Yasaji]

Since he got adopted, Daichi got this notification very rarely. And truth be told it bummed him out a little. The two were on their way to Kensei's house in the capital.

"Come on Gramps. It was just a few drinks. Don't be mad. It's no big deal."

The old man's shoulders slumped hearing that. He sighed and replied. "I'm not mad at you Daichi. I'm just-"

"Please don't say disappointed. That's so much worse." The Genin said with a small wince.

At that Kensei sported a small smirk and spoke. "Displeased."

"That's just another word for disappointment."

The old man let out a long breath and glanced at his grandson. "Daichi, you're only 12 years old. You shouldn't be drinking or gambling. That woman might be a great shinobi and a great teacher but she is a bad influence. I'm disappointed in her."

"Don't you think you're being a bit too harsh?"

"No. And I'm even more disappointed in you. You're supposed to be the smart mature kid who doesn't do dumb shit like this."

"Come on Gramps. It was just one time. And besides, how old were you when you had your first drink?" Daichi asked with a small smirk.

At the boy's question Kensei thought back to the memory of his first drink and a smile formed on his face. He realized that Daichi was watching and quickly put on his poker face.

"We're not talking about me. We're talking about you. Now. No more drinking until you're seventeen. Got it?" He asked as the two reached the house.

'Well I guess now I don't have an excuse to turn on that skill.' Daichi sighed and turned the skill off that allowed him to get drunk. But the down side of that skill was that it also made Daichi vulnerable to poisons. "Yes, gramps."

The old man turned his head and looked at the boy with a raised eyebrow "Promise?"

"I promise. And you know I don't break promises." Daichi replied with a sincere nod.

The old ninja looked at the boy for a few more seconds and nodded in satisfaction. "I'll hold you to it."

[Reputation slightly increased with Kensei Yasaji.]

They soon reached the house and got inside.

"Get cleaned up and go to bed. We'll head back to the village in the morning."

"Right. Goodnight gramps."

"Night Daichi."

The Genin made his way to his room and after a quick shower and a change of clothes he was ready for bed. Never realizing that tomorrow he would be meeting one of the most important people in the Fire country.

—-

It was a couple hours after dawn and Daichi was completing his morning exercises. Kensei had left the house to meet with Jin and this left Daichi alone for the morning. As he completed another set of workouts he sensed the presence of a strong individual in the vicinity of the compound.

The boy's eyes slightly narrowed as he focused on the intruder but there was no other outward change in his manner. Daichi sensed the intruder entering the compound and making his way towards him all the while concealing his presence from the rest of the world. He made his way to the top of a tree all without making a single leaf move.

'His stealth skills aren't bad. There isn't any scent coming off him and he didn't make any sounds getting here. He also has great control over his chakra to hide its presence like this. There aren't many who could sense his presence save for people like Kakashi... Hmm... Who is he? An assassin or someone just here to observe me?'