Chapter 279 - Clash of Legends: Orochimaru vs Tsunade

Fire country border.

Tsunade and Shizune were fully alert of the enemies present in their vicinity. The blonde Sannin glared at her former teammate and the now rogue ninja.

Orochimaru smiled as he looked at the fury on his teammates face. "Ah, Tsunade. It's been soo long. When I heard that you were somewhere nearby, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to reunite with my dear friend."

Tsunade smirked, hearing that. "You must have gotten hit on the head or something." Her mocking expression turned to one of seriousness again. "We are not friends. We haven't been for a long time. Don't think for a second that I've forgotten the atrocities you've committed, Orochimaru."

The snake Sannin's lips curled into a wicked grin as he extended his palm, fingers arching like serpents ready to strike. "Hahaha.... I've missed your vibrant spirit." He hissed, a hint of mockery present in his voice.

Despite being outnumbered, Tsunade's gaze was resolute. Clad in her distinctive haori, her green necklace shimmering in the moonlight, she fixed her deep brown eyes on Orochimaru with a mixture of anger and determination. "You won't find me as easy a prey as those you've taken before."

The grin on Orochimaru's face dimmed as he looked at his opponent. "Oh I'm counting on it." The atmosphere crackled with chakra as the two Sannin glared at each other, their enmity radiating like a storm gathering strength.

Shizune took a couple steps back from her teacher. 'This is bad. Orochimaru looks serious. But why now? What does he want with Lady Tsunade?'

The Sound Five were vigilant as they looked at the two powerful ninjas. Unlike the other times when they faced enemies, they didn't dare insult or belittle Tsunade. Just from the chakra and presence being emitted from Tsunade was enough to put them on edge.

Shizune's eyes then went to the others present. 'Orochimaru wouldn't bring people who aren't capable. So that means I can't take any of them lightly.'

Tonton whined in fear in between Shizune's arms. "It's going to be okay, Tonton." She comforted the small pig in a low tone but the younger medic was nervous as she had no idea how the situation was going to develop.

It was Orochimaru who made the first move. In the fraction of a second he moved and was in front of Tsunade with his right arm extended.

'Hidden Shadow Snake Hand'

Multiple snakes flew out from the sleeve of his right arm headed for Tsunade's body. Their jaws widened and each of them had a sword protruding from their mouths. The snakes struck Tsunade's body and dug into several places but the next moment they were covered in smoke.

Orochimaru let go of the jutsu and turned his head to the tree nearby. He chuckled as he saw his former teammate standing with crossed arms atop a branch, unharmed. "Flawless Substitution jutsu. Good. You haven't lost your touch. I'd be disappointed otherwise."

"I'm not here to impress you, Orochimaru." Tsunade jumped down and Shizune quickly rushed to her side and stood by.

Aside from Kimimaro, none of the other sound ninjas could track Tsunade. Kidomaru and Jirobo had slight sweat as they looked at the Slug Sannin. 'I couldn't even follow that speed. I thought for sure Orochimaru would have gotten her... No. I shouldn't have made that assumption. She is in the same league as him. Subduing her won't be easy.'

Kimimaro gazed at Tsunade and kept his calm expression. 'Based on Lord Orochimaru's intel, her fighting strength should be slightly diminished during these last several years. But still, it's best not to waste time. With that plan in place it shouldn't be long before we're able to knock her out.'