Chapter 293 - Vital Clues

Outside the cell, Ibiki and Inoichi watched with a cold hardened gaze as Mizuki screamed for help. A medic nin was checking Mizuki's vitals and quickly informed Ibiki of the prisoner's condition.

The head of the interrogation department frowned as he looked at the scene. 'I never thought such a simple method would have such results.'

Just then he sensed the arrival of the Genin. He turned to the boy and spoke. "His vitals are climbing. Blood pressure, heartbeat... If this goes on for much longer his body won't be able to handle it."

"How can a drop of water cause such a reaction in the human body?" Inoichi, who was standing nearby, asked the boy.

"It's one of the drugs I injected into him. It increases his sensitivity among other things. In normal cases something like this would take hours but I accelerated the process. The body is reacting to what the mind is saying. Right now Mizuki's mind is telling him that he's being burned alive and frozen to death. And his body is reacting in such a way." Daichi had no sympathy for the man screaming for his life. 'I gave him a chance. He should have taken it.'

"But if that's the case, his body won't be able to handle such stress. He'll go into shock and die soon." Ibiki spoke as he turned his attention to the man in the cell.

"He won't. The concoction I injected into him will make sure his heart won't stop beating... But still, it's time to see if he's in the mood to talk." Without saying another word Daichi entered the room and stopped the water flow in the wooden contraption.

Daichi brought his palms atop Mizuki's head and they glowed green. Daichi injected healing chakra and soon the man calmed down but he was breathing hard. He was still blind as the Genin had taken away his sight.

The Genin looked at Mizuki and used Mana puppetry. He implanted a simple thought into the man's mind. 'No more. Just tell them everything. It's not worth it.'

To Mizuki it's as if his mind was making a decision and he immediately agreed.

[Target has accepted the suggestion.]

Daichi took a step back and looked at the blind ninja with a calm gaze. "I'm going to give you one chance. If you don't I'll-"

"I'll talk. I'll talk. Please. No more." The silver haired Chunin didn't want to go through what he just experienced.

Ibiki and Inoichi were not all that surprised that Mizuki gave in. They had been watching him screaming in agony for that last hour. They paid close attention to every word spoken in the room.

Daichi immediately made several chakra strings and connected them to Mizuki's body. "This is your only chance. I'm monitoring your vitals. If you lie to me, you'll experience hell. There will be no second chance."

Hearing that Mizuki struggled in his chair. "Please. No. I'll tell you whatever you want to know." His mind was on the verge of collapsing in on itself. He didn't want to experience the feeling of going insane.

"First Question. When did you meet Orochimaru?"

"I only met him once when I was on a mission before I became an instructor. At that time he saw me kill my teammate. He gave the formula for the curse seal."

"You told Orochimaru about your plan to steal the forbidden scroll and the prisoner release didn't you."

"Yes." Mizuki replied without hesitation. He knew his situation and he didn't want to make it worse.

"How did you send this information to him? If you met Orochimaru only once then that means you must have been in contact with one of his spies right?"

"Yes. Orochimaru has someone at the capital acting as a spy and messenger. His name is Nam. I sent the information to him."