lan wangji x reader ❄️࿐ super late birthday special

Happy birthday Lan Zhan !!!!

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Fluff 🥰

▶ Male reader 

▶ His birthday was 1/23 :((

▶ They are both teenagers in this! MC was the one who gave Wangji the bunnies, not Wei Wuxian (sorry), and like bunnies do, they breed like fucking crazy so there is now a LOT of bunnies :) 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] leaned over and kissed his lovers cheek. They were both seated on the grass, surrounded by bunnies. It was mid afternoon, the weak sun lights ray did little to warm them up. Or at least [Y/N], Wangji looked perfectly content. He didn't look like he was effected by the cold at all (then again he was born in Cloud Recess while [Y/N] was not). 

Well that was before [Y/N] had kissed him. Now the [H/C] haired man watched in amusement as Lan Wangji's ears slowly turned bright red, some of the blush even spreading to his face (a rare occurrence). 

He giggled. "Wangji, are you okay?" 

Lan Wangji picked up a bunny and very politely buried his face in the soft looking white fur. "...Mn..." 

"Hmm?" [Y/N] grinned. He picked up a bunny of his own, who kicked out before quickly settling, and put it in his lap. He gently pet the soft black and white fur. The bunny soon fell asleep in his lap. 

Lan Wangji kept his face buried, but [Y/N] could see his bright red eyes still. 

"Are you... embarrassed?" [Y/N] asked, barely holding back his laugh. Lan Wangji could be rather bold when he wanted to be, but most of the time he was rather shy with his affection or even receiving affection. It was fun to watch for a little bit but [Y/N] quickly gave the Lan mercy and would stop because he didn't want to give his boyfriend a heart attack. (The stubborn Lan would quickly return the favour and soon [Y/N] was the one who was blushing like crazy.)

"Aww... Can't I give my boyfriend kisses?" 

"...Mn..." Lan Wangji said after a moment. "[Y/N] can..." 

"Its your birthday," [Y/N] murmured. He leaned over, doing his best not to disturb the bunny in his lap, and laid his head on Wangji's shoulder. "I won't do anything that would make you uncomfortable. Just tell me and I'll stop." 

[Y/N] felt a soft weight on his head and realized that Wangji was resting his head atop [Y/N]'s own. He must have finally stopped hiding his face and put the bunny down. "Mhm... I will... You don't make uncomfortable. I'm never uncomfortable around you." 

[Y/N] smiled and felt his face warm. It was a stark difference to the cool air around them. 

"Thats good... I might take a nap." 

"Its not even midmeal yet." The silly Lan pointed out. 

"Mm... But I woke up super early to surprise you for breakfast... and then I had to get the bunnies fed and ready for a day full of cuddling!" [Y/N] was cut off by his own yawn. He really was tired but he hadn't wanted to say anything incase Wangji had wanted to do something else. It was his birthday after all. 

Lan Wangji pulled the man into his lap and [Y/N] felt the sleeping bunny wake up and jump out so that [Y/N] could be curled up into his lovers lap. It was a nice feeling, having Wangji's arms wrapped securely around his waist, and being near a source of heat (why did Wangji run so hot?! [Y/N] firmly believes that the Lan's have adapted to just run hotter than others because of how cold it can get in the winter here in Gusu). 

"[Y/N] can rest. I'll keep watch." 

"Your the sweetest..." [Y/N] said, tiredly. But he meant his words. Wangji really was the sweetest, most caring boyfriend anyone could ask for. (I badly want a boyfriend lmao-)

He could already imagine the blushing mess Wangji would be at his words as he drifted off into a light doze. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Guys I forgot how hard it was to write Lan Wangji and how he talks T-T (I haven't read or watched mdzs in sooo long ahaha) 

▶ Aren't they just the sweetest 🥺 (I'm going to go and write the most heart breaking angst now) 

Completed : 3/20/2024