jin ling x reader 🌻࿐part 2

▶ Requested by - @ILiveForAngst

▶ Fluff and ANGST😼

▶ Female reader

▶ Um fair warning I don't really know how a Chinese wedding works in full detail so it'll be touch and go?? (pls... pls tell me if anything is wrong qwq this is my first attempt at writing a Chinese wedding using only basic knowledge and photos) 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Wei Wuxian sniffled again, clinging to Lan Wangji as they watched their precious little [Y/N] get ready for her wedding. The ladies helped her with her hair and makeup. 

"I swear if you start crying again I'm getting Sizhui!" Jingyi threatened, glaring at Wei Wuxian who buried his face into Lan Wangji's robes. "I-I can't help it! My-My baby is all-all grown!" Wei Wuxian wailed. Lan Wangji gently patted his husbands head. He offered a small smile to [Y/N] who was smiling fondly at the scene. 

"A-Niang, dont cry," [Y/N] said softly. "You can still visit me." And that only seemed to make Wei Wuxian cry harder. 

Jingyi took one look and back out of the room silently. 

"A-Niang," [Y/N] called. "Come and brush my hair. It's almost time." The ladies who had done her makeup backed away and let a wobbly and tearful Wei Wuxian walk over. He grabbed a beautiful wooden comb with orchids and peonies engraved into it - a gift from Jin Ling. He gently started to brush her hair, smiling while he tried to hold in his tears. 

"You cry as if I'm dying..." [Y/N] sighed, hands folded into her lap. Wei Wuxian stayed quiet. He really didn't want history to repeat itself... He was praying and praying to every god he knew of that nothing bad would happen. He just wanted his daughter and his Shijie's son to be happy. He finished brushing through her hair and skillfully pinned it up into what his own Shijie had worn for her wedding... The thought made him tear up again as he set the comb down. 

"I don't want you to grow up..." He murmured softly, staring into her kind [E/C] eyes that were so much like hers... "I don't want to watch you grow up..." He repeated, gently laying his head into her lap. She gently petted and brushed her fingers through his hair. It was a relaxing feeling and for a moment Wei Wuxian imagined he was back at Lotus Pier and she was doing this as he came to seek comfort in her

"It'll be okay A-Xian..." 

"It'll be alright A-Niang..." 

Wei Wuxian couldn't help the few more tears that escaped, soaking into the beautiful red fabric. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The entire banquet hall was decked out from top to bottom in red and gold. It was a glorious sight and those who had attended the last one got deja vu.