child!jin ling x mother!reader 🌻࿐

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Fluff :D

▶ Female reader 

▶ Jin Ling views MC as a mother figure to him because she has always been there for him when his uncle or Guangyao couldn't 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"A-Ling," [Y/N] scolded. "Don't do that." 

A young Jin Ling pouted but tucked his hands underneath the table. [Y/N] sighed and took a cloth, gently wiping away some crumbs and sauce from the child's face. 

"Sorry Ayi...." 

[Y/N] smiled. "Its alright A-Ling, just don't do it again. You have to be patient or else you won't have room to eat dinner." 

He nodded and [Y/N] gently pinched his chubby cheek. Jin Ling scrunched his nose up in distaste. "Stop doing that Ayi!" 

"I can't help it! You're too cute!"

"I'm not cute!" He protested. "I'm scary!" 

[Y/N] laughed. "Yes, I'm sorry. A-Ling is very scary." 

Jin Ling nodded, puffing out his chest and trying to make himself look taller. 

[Y/N] watched him in amusement before she turned away. She set the cloth aside and started to work on dinner again. 

The door opened to the kitchen and in stepped Jiang Cheng. 

"There you two are." He looked worn and tired from a long days work of paperwork and over seeing the training of the new disciples. "A-Ling, I have been looking everywhere for you." 

Jin Ling huffed and rolled his eyes. 

Jiang Cheng opened his mouth to further scold the child before [Y/N] cut in. 

"I'm sorry Clan Leader Jiang." [Y/N] had set aside the dumplings she had been making and turned to the Jiang, bowing apologetically. "I thought he had informed you that he would be spending the evening in the kitchen with me." 

Jiang Cheng didn't have it in himself to glare or scold his nephew for much longer and gave in. "Its fine," he said sharply. "Just inform me when the brat comes barging in." 

[Y/N]'s bow deepened. "Of course, Clan Leader Jiang." 

Jin Ling had watched their interaction with confusion and dislike. He didn't like how formal and tense [Y/N] had become nor did he like how his uncle was treating his aunt [Y/N]

"Uncle leave auntie alone!" 

"Aunt?" Jiang Cheng's eyes narrowed. 

[Y/N] flushed, deeply embarrassed. Jin Ling had never called her aunt in front of others, let alone the clan leader himself. She glanced at the food that she had been preparing, worrying if she could continue or if she had to continue facing the clan leader.