wei wuxian x child!reader 🥀࿐

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Fluff and small angst

▶ Gender neutral reader - pronoun used are they/them

▶ Even tho MC is a child, they are a lot smarter than they let people believe

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] held the white paper umbrella over the body of the unconscious man in front of them. The rain pattered softly against it and part of their back got wet as they continued to crouch in front of the strange man.

They watched as his eyes fluttered open, tired and confused.

"..who..."

"You fell into the Burial Mounds... Yet you're still alive." [Y/N] titled their head. "How curious."

The man's eyes struggled to stay open as he lay there, bleeding and broken.

"You've broken many bones and damaged most of your organs, yet you're still alive."

[Y/N] watched as the man in black became unconscious again, head slumping to the side. They listened to his ragged breathing along with the whispers of all the resentful people who have died here.

'They like him...' [Y/N]'s legs ached from crouching so long and their body swayed with the effort to stay still. 'They say he will do great things... that he will bring life to the Burial Mounds.'

[Y/N] watched a moment longer; the man unmoving and losing the fight to stay alive. If they didn't do something soon he may die. Part of  [Y/N] wanted him to die, to do nothing and see what the man would do but the other part wanted to help. The childish, naive part of them wanted to help.

[Y/N] stood. It rarely rained in the Burial Mounds; rain did nothing except make the ashen ground softer and easier to sink into. To die. They left the umbrella to shield the mans face and walked back to the little cave that they called home. They embraced the rain, letting it soak into their hair and clothes. Letting it wet their skin and let themselves the small mercy of feeling alive again... They let the rain soak them to the bone because that's all that was left of them from living in the Burial Mounds for so long. 

[Y/N] wasn't strong enough to carry the man back and dragging him would only make his injuries worse. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Wei Wuxian was his name.

The person [Y/N] had decided to save was named Wei Wuxian. They felt like they had heard the name before, but couldn't place from where.

[Y/N] had managed to save the man and wrapped him up like a mummy. They both sat out in the open until Wei Wuxian was well enough to walk back to the cave that [Y/N] called home. From there, Wei Wuxian was under strict orders to not leave his makeshift bed until [Y/N] said it was okay for him too. They may not be much of a doctor but they knew enough to order him around.